tianzhu
Councillor
Councillor

Postby FMz » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:34 pm

FMz
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby tankee » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:04 pm

aiyo .... why like that? so inconsiderate?

tankee
Site Admin

Postby TTLauPeh » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:06 pm

Our son flagged down bus 166 on Mon and the China-born driver took a right turn at the AMK Ave 1/Upp Thomson Rd junction when he should have turned left. Ended up in Sembawang Rd, from where he called us on his mobile. Said he decided not to alight between Yio Chu Kang Rd and Mandai Rd as the stops there are too quiet, with an industrial area opposite. Also said some of the other passengers (including one on his way to an important meeting) threatened to report the driver to his employer.

TTLauPeh
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Andaiz » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:14 pm

TTLauPeh wrote:Our son flagged down bus 166 on Mon and the China-born driver took a right turn at the AMK Ave 1/Upp Thomson Rd junction when he should have turned left. Ended up in Sembawang Rd, from where he called us on his mobile. Said he decided not to alight between Yio Chu Kang Rd and Mandai Rd as the stops there are too quiet, with an industrial area opposite. Also said some of the other passengers (including one on his way to an important meeting) threatened to report the driver to his employer.

:| :!: aren't the SBS bus drivers trained? Would have expected an SOP for such "lost drivers". You mean no GPS? :stupid:

I'd demand a refund for my bus fare on the 166 AND a special bus to come and pick me up to my original destination. Poor guy on way to important meeint, and your poor son!

Andaiz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:18 pm

TTLauPeh wrote:Our son flagged down bus 166 on Mon and the China-born driver took a right turn at the AMK Ave 1/Upp Thomson Rd junction when he should have turned left. Ended up in Sembawang Rd, from where he called us on his mobile. Said he decided not to alight between Yio Chu Kang Rd and Mandai Rd as the stops there are too quiet, with an industrial area opposite. Also said some of the other passengers (including one on his way to an important meeting) threatened to report the driver to his employer.

what i thought the drivers are trained to go the correct route how come lik dat :?

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tutormum » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:33 pm

lovekidsverymuch wrote:

what i thought the drivers are trained to go the correct route how come lik dat :?

This happens sometimes and it could be the drivers are not familiar with the route. There was once when DS1 took a bus which did not turn in the direction of his school. Luckily, DS1 was alert and bold enough to go up to the driver and tell him that he had gone the wrong way. :rotflmao:
Another incident was when a driver drove straight into a narrow road towards a park instead of turning into a main road. Imagine how the driver struggled to get out of that place as there is no way he could do a U turn without any difficulty. :shock:

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time