Obstacle crossing to your child's education

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Obstacle crossing to your child's education

Postby Claude Monet » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:09 pm

I am a comm skills lecturer in a local university and I teach my students things like interviewing skills, resume writing, public speaking and writing personal statements.

One day, I chanced upon a hong kong website. To my horrors, for 2-3 year toddlers to go to elite kindergardens, they have to go for an interview. Please click on the link to see the video clip :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... views.html

I am not surprised that this will come to pass in Singapore in future.

As adults, we all have stomach butterflies when we have to attend one. Getting a 3-4 year old to be interviewed : they have no world knowledge, and they may not know the right communication skills. I really pity these poor kids :(

Claude Monet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Obstacle crossing to your child's education

Postby phtthp » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:15 pm

Won't happen in Sg pre-school, parents won't buy this type of ridiculous idea to 3 year old kids

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Claude Monet » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:35 pm

Well, they are now interviewing pri 6 students for DSA. I won't be surprised that this can happen to kindergardens here. For instance, if you want to get your child into Saint James pre-school, you have a waiting list of 2-3 years. That's why my god sister put her gal in the waitlist when she was just born.
Last edited by Claude Monet on Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Claude Monet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Claude Monet » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:06 am

Hi Guys

This is an interesting read abt interviewing kindergarten kids in HK. It shows that HK parents are even more kiasu than the S'pore parents.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32040752

Claude Monet
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Recess Time