MOE Internet Acceptable Use Policy

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

MOE Internet Acceptable Use Policy

Postby tankee » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:27 pm

just received this MOE Internet Acceptable Use Policy from my DS school.

Pt 1, bullet 4 "Obtain permission before making an audio or video recording, or taking photographs of any member of the staff"

hmmm ... I wonder why :? :wink:

:idea: something to do with youtube ? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

tankee
Site Admin

Re: MOE Internet Acceptable Use Policy

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:54 pm

tankee wrote:hmmm ... I wonder why :? :wink:

In case some teacher gets photographed nose-digging while marking papers? :rotflmao:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby schellen » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:37 am

Well, teachers are human too so naturally, they may curse and swear when they come across some piece of work that's illegible or has the same annoying mistakes even after the student has been told several thousand times to change it, etc etc. After all, it's stress release mah. :wink: It's not as if the teacher will say/do the same when facing the students.
(After all, we also complain about our work, bosses, gahmen, etc. behind their backs.)

Can you imagine being reported to P or MOE for this? Or sued? Or worst case scenario, lose your job? :!:

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:16 am

Agreed with you that teachers are human too.

But they should NEVER EVER curse and swear IN FRONT of the students.

I also agreed with you that many employees complain about their bosses and like you said, it is done be BEHIND their bosses' back. If they are so emotional & reckless to do it infront of the boss, then they should be prepared to face the consequences.

Yesterday, while waiting for my DS to be released, I read this quote from a student painted on a pillar in the school canteen, "I think before I act as I am responsible for my action" ...

tankee
Site Admin

Re: MOE Internet Acceptable Use Policy

Postby mrswongtuition » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:55 pm

tankee wrote:just received this MOE Internet Acceptable Use Policy from my DS school.

Pt 1, bullet 4 "Obtain permission before making an audio or video recording, or taking photographs of any member of the staff"

hmmm ... I wonder why :? :wink:

:idea: something to do with youtube ? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Also for the teacher's privacy. Imagine if your photo is on many blogs without you knowing and everyone else (even those you don't know) knows you?

I always tell my students that I do not allow them taking photos/videos without permission as it's very rude.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time