No Comment :p

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

No Comment :p

Postby FMz » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:43 pm

The following article was taken from AsiaOne.com. A shocking comments from Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad.
What will be the reactions of American if they will to read about what he has said.

By Joshua Foong and Shamini Ann

KUALA LUMPUR: There is strong evidence that the Sept 11 attacks on the United States that killed nearly 3,000 could have been 'staged' as an excuse to mount attacks on the Muslim world, said Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad.

'I am not sure now that Muslim terrorists carried out these attacks. There is evidence that the attacks were staged.

'If they can make Avatar, they can make anything,' the former prime minister told a press conference here yesterday after delivering his speech at the General Conference for the Support of Al-Quds to aid the Palestinians.

He said killing innocent people to provide an excuse for war was not new to the US.
'But whether real or staged, the 9/11 attacks have served the United States and Western countries well. They have an excuse to mount attacks on the Muslim world,' he added

Mahathir also criticised US President Barack Obama for failing to fulfil his promises concerning the country's commitment in West Asia, including his promise to resolve the prevailing Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
'I am a bit disappointed because so far none of his promises have been kept. He promised to get out from Afghanistan but he ended up sending more troops there instead.
'He promised to close down Guantanamo but he has not closed down Guantanamo.
'It is quite easy to promise during election time but you know there are forces in the United States which prevent the President from doing some things. One of the forces is the Jewish lobby, AIPAC,' he said.
On another issue, Dr Mahathir said he supported the plan to set up the inter-faith council as it could help promote effective understanding among religious groups in the country.
Such a council, he said, would provide a platform for people to talk about sensitive religious matters reasonably without taking it to the streets.
Earlier in his speech, Dr Mahathir spoke about the Palestinians' claim on their land in West Asia which he said was based on legitimate grounds.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?sho ... 47809&st=0

FMz
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: No Comment :p

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:00 pm

FMz wrote:The following article was taken from AsiaOne.com. A shocking comments from Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad.
What will be the reactions of American if they will to read about what he has said...

This is no different than Iran's Ahmadinejad saying that the Holocaust is a hoax. Maybe Mahatir and Ahmadinejad should get together and write a book for children, given their propensity for drama and fantasy.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby VitoRelax » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:13 pm

That old man has gone senile !!

This is the same old man that said Anwar Ibrahim punched himself to get the black eye ...

VitoRelax
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:14 am

so sad ..... :(

what a sad ending to otherwise a very respectable man.

scary part is that there are still people that would blindly follow him and people that want to make use of him for their own political gain.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby tutormum » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:20 am

Never listen to that guy talk cos he has a twisted mind for years. When I was holidaying in Penang last month, the taxi driver told us that their people is very dissatisfied with their lot cos of the corruption in their Government. Imagine stealing aircraft parts - big items that it's impossible to steal in the first place and only 2 ikan bilis got caught. Even my Malaysian friends who were very proud of their own country are now criticizing them. They throw stones at others to cover their own shortcomings. :roll: Heard they are now having buk gu teh without pork. :!: Trying to justify that it is part of their national dish. :P Sorry, if I sounded mean. I've nothing again the common people but feel indignant at the way their Government works. :(

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:23 am

the resentment is nothing surprising coz it's been there since biblical time (Isaac vs Ishmail)

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:04 am

tutormum wrote:..... Imagine stealing aircraft parts - big items that it's impossible to steal in the first place and only 2 ikan bilis got caught. ....

exactly ! soooo amazing that 2 ikan bilis can pull off such a heist. :roll:

tankee
Site Admin

Postby daisyt » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:03 am

One word .... JOKER ! :D

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby 3Boys » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:10 am

Completely lost the plot, and has so for a few years already.....

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:58 pm

3Boys wrote:Completely lost the plot, and has so for a few years already.....

I don't think he is losing the plot. I think it is a conscious attempt by him to endear himself or make himself relevant to certain powerful groups of people.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Recess Time