Discussion: do away with time limit set for an exam paper

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
Post Reply
Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Discussion: do away with time limit set for an exam pape

Post by Jennifer » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:41 pm

Up to now, I am certain what we as parents think is different from what our children think.

I just asked ah boy what he thinks of sitting for an exam with no time constraints.

Btw, I believe no student will sit and check over and over again- nature calls and hunger will make them leave the exam hall :rotflmao: even if they are not mentally exhausted yet.

pirated
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4591
Joined: Wed Oct 24,
Total Likes:122

Re: Discussion: do away with time limit set for an exam pape

Post by pirated » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:44 pm

They will take the shortest time to complete the paper and walk out

Knew of someone who slept for one and half hour in a two hour paper. Rushed through the last half hour and still scored 90+, almost full marks

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11239
Joined: Wed Sep 15,
Total Likes:211

Re: Discussion: do away with time limit set for an exam pape

Post by slmkhoo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:52 pm

Jennifer wrote:Btw, I believe no student will sit and check over and over again- nature calls and hunger will make them leave the exam hall :rotflmao: even if they are not mentally exhausted yet.
Some may, like those with OCD or other mental/emotional issues. It would be kinder not to subject them (and the invigilators) to that!

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Discussion: do away with time limit set for an exam pape

Post by Jennifer » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:52 pm

pirated wrote:They will take the shortest time to complete the paper and walk out

Knew of someone who slept for one and half hour in a two hour paper. Rushed through the last half hour and still scored 90+, almost full marks
:lol:

Is this person a student now?

Or someone from your generation?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Discussion: do away with time limit set for an exam pape

Post by Jennifer » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:54 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Btw, I believe no student will sit and check over and over again- nature calls and hunger will make them leave the exam hall :rotflmao: even if they are not mentally exhausted yet.
Some may, like those with OCD or other mental/emotional issues. It would be kinder not to subject them (and the invigilators) to that!
o yes.

I overlooked this group of students.


slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11239
Joined: Wed Sep 15,
Total Likes:211

Re: Discussion: do away with time limit set for an exam pape

Post by slmkhoo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:55 pm

pirated wrote:Knew of someone who slept for one and half hour in a two hour paper. Rushed through the last half hour and still scored 90+, almost full marks
What subject? Can't be an essay paper! These are the once-in-many-many-years cases; they can't be used to design policies.
Last edited by slmkhoo on Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pirated
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4591
Joined: Wed Oct 24,
Total Likes:122

Re: Discussion: do away with time limit set for an exam pape

Post by pirated » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:55 pm

Jennifer wrote:
pirated wrote:They will take the shortest time to complete the paper and walk out

Knew of someone who slept for one and half hour in a two hour paper. Rushed through the last half hour and still scored 90+, almost full marks
:lol:

Is this person a student now?

Or someone from your generation?
Still a student now

Sleep at 9pm every nite and gpa 3.9x

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Discussion: do away with time limit set for an exam pape

Post by Jennifer » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:16 pm

pirated wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
pirated wrote:They will take the shortest time to complete the paper and walk out

Knew of someone who slept for one and half hour in a two hour paper. Rushed through the last half hour and still scored 90+, almost full marks
:lol:

Is this person a student now?

Or someone from your generation?
Still a student now

Sleep at 9pm every nite and gpa 3.9x
wow. must be of high high IQ

pirated
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4591
Joined: Wed Oct 24,
Total Likes:122

Re: Discussion: do away with time limit set for an exam pape

Post by pirated » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:18 pm

A number of them are like that

Surely their brains are wired differently

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 7412
Joined: Tue May 24,
Total Likes:76

Re: Discussion: do away with time limit set for an exam pape

Post by ngl2010 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:08 pm

It's better to have time limit otherwise teachers may have to mark 8 pages of essay for each question! :faint:

Post Reply