Isetan (Singapore) more than doubles losses in Q3

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
tankee
Site Admin
Total Likes:23

Re: Isetan (Singapore) more than doubles losses in Q3

Post by tankee » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:30 am

TheAnswer wrote:I have friends who no longer shop/minimize shopping in Singapore.. Stock up when overseas.. Sometimes big differences in price..
I believe a key contributing factor is the relatively high rental cost here.

And to think that we used to be a Shopping Paradise.

tankee
Site Admin
Total Likes:23

Post by tankee » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:32 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:tankee has shares in Isetan?? :?

I find Isetan is sandwiched between lower priced stores like OG, and the more premium stores like Robinsons, Tangs and Takashimaya. Anyway, I think the concept of departmental stores is also losing appeal since the 1990s, probably due to e-commerce.

I am an OLD man that still likes to shop in departmental stores. :oops: It will be really sad :sad: if Isetan and Robinsons shut their operations here.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:135

Post by janet88 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:35 am

tankee wrote:
TheAnswer wrote:I have friends who no longer shop/minimize shopping in Singapore.. Stock up when overseas.. Sometimes big differences in price..
I believe a key contributing factor is the relatively high rental cost here.

And to think that we used to be a Shopping Paradise.
our malls are boring...it's like see 1, see all.

parents went to Bangkok recently...the prices of things there have increased a lot too.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:53 am

tankee wrote:
I am an OLD man that still likes to shop in departmental stores. :oops: It will be really sad :sad: if Isetan and Robinsons shut their operations here.
then I must be an OLD woman who still loves to shop in department stores :rotflmao: I love to go to Isetan...have been doing so since I was in kindergarten.
back then mum would bring me to isetan Havelock after school. still have fond memories of that place. now that place has become a nite club.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Post by TheAnswer » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:07 pm

janet88 wrote: parents went to Bangkok recently...the prices of things there have increased a lot too.
I m not sure about Bangkok now. Our last trip there was in 2011. Shopped like crazy back then. I remember it was around 2.6K all in (including air tickets n accommodation) for 2 adults n 1 kids. We went with an almost empty luggage. Came back totally full. 5 day trip.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:42 pm

3-4 years back, the sales in Bangkok were still very attractive. this recent trip last month, the things in Zen and other shopping centres are expensive. only food is still considered cheap.

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:39

Post by sleepy » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:10 pm

Depends on what items I'm looking to buy. If clothes, usually individual brand and thus go to individual boutique.
If household stuff then of course will buy from departmental stores. I don't know where else to go

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:39 pm

there is a Mango section and esprit inside isetan. I get son's bermudas from isetan as well. other than that, I shop at many places...wherever there are great bargains.