Advise on wearing color contacts

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Advise on wearing color contacts

Postby zp1503 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:48 pm

anyone wears colored contacts? which brand is good? Intending to get one pair but not wearing frequently.

zp1503
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Advise on wearing color contacts

Postby VitoRelax » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:43 am

zp1503 wrote:anyone wears colored contacts? which brand is good? Intending to get one pair but not wearing frequently.

Nikon transition lense is quite good !

VitoRelax
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:15 am

VitoRelax wrote:
zp1503 wrote:anyone wears colored contacts? which brand is good? Intending to get one pair but not wearing frequently.

Transition lens for contacts? Got such things meh?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby tankee » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:12 am

I once had some coloured daily contact lens given free to me when I purchased my usual normal fortnightly disposable lens.

I do not like it. First I looked funny with different coloured pupils. And Perhaps the lens did not fit me well as there was a tint of colour that blurred the outer circumference of my vision.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby zp1503 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:44 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
VitoRelax wrote:

Transition lens for contacts? Got such things meh?

:? transition contact lens???

zp1503
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby zp1503 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:46 am

tankee wrote:I once had some coloured daily contact lens given free to me when I purchased my usual normal fortnightly disposable lens.

I do not like it. First I looked funny with different coloured pupils. And Perhaps the lens did not fit me well as there was a tint of colour that blurred the outer circumference of my vision.

yah, that's wat i heard too, your vision will be blurred at the outer area. did you remember what brand was that?

zp1503
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tankee » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:01 pm

I cant remember, it was a few years back.

If Acuvue ever had daily disposable colour contact lens then it is Acuvue. If not then it should be CibaVision.

I cant remember exactly when I switched from CibaVision to the current Acuvue.

the blurred vision, although only at the sides, is very tiring to the eyes.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby jessnom » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:47 pm

i had used Cibavision coloured lens some years back. And that was the start of my problems with contact lens. Because of the colour pigments in the lens, it somehow irritates the eyes after sometime. My tolerance for contact lens went downhill after that and I can't wear contact lens for long. I'll advise you to use it just for special occasion. Hope this helps

jessnom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MMM » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:54 pm

If you don't wear it frequently, I would propose that you go for those daily wear ones. "Wear and throw". Reason being that it's not advisable to leave the lens in the case without maintaining especially if you only wear it once in a while. It might get contaminated thereby giving you problems.

Different lens/ brands have different fit. Propose that you ask if you can go for trial pack. Try it before committing to buying a eg. 1 yr supply.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Funz » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:11 pm

I believe if you go back to your regular optician, they will be able to recommend and even provide you with samples to try. There was a time when they were giving away free coloured lenses if you buy like 6mths or 1yr supply of disposable lenses.

In my 'partying' days, I have a collection of coloured and even patterned lenses, mostly from Acuvue. Pretty fun but I do not use them for daily wear. At that time disposable coloured lenses were pretty expensive.

Darn I sound sooo ancient.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time