Popular

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Popular

Postby okmum » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:48 am

I am sure everyone buys staff from Popular bookstores. What are your experiences?

My favourite one is definitely the one at Bras Basah. Being a kiasu parent, I like to buy assessment books, and I can nearly always find the ones I want over there. And if there is any title that is out-of-stock, the staff will always help me place an order, and then reserve the books for me.

Unfortunately, the outlet nearest to my home is the one at Heartland Mall, and I have very negative experiences there! For a start, I can't find many assessment books. When I asked for help, the unfriendly staff will just say, "Oh, we don't sell this book here." Sigh. A real typical example of bad customer service!

okmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Popular

Postby jetstar » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:01 am

I have the same experiences at Popular North Point (where I am staying near to) and Popular United Square (where I am working within close proximity to). The staff in both locations are friendly, but they do not bother to order the books from the supplier, much less call to tell me the books have arrived. They will just say the books are out-of-stock, and that I can try another outlet.

I guess maybe there is complacency on the part of Popular, because they do have a monopoly when it comes to assessment books. They know we have to get the books from them, because there is no other place to buy them from. It's a different situation with stationaries, where they face competition from Du Yi, Stationary World, and SKP, so maybe they are more up to scratch.

jetstar
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

1 people like this post

Postby jetstar » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:05 pm

Anyway, I feel that you should post this topic under the subforum "Recess Time" :)

jetstar
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

1 people like this post

Popular

Postby okmum » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:46 pm

- Duplicate Post -
Last edited by okmum on Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

okmum
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby new_to_sec1 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:52 pm

okmum wrote:I am sure everyone buys staff from Popular bookstores. What are your experiences?

My favourite one is definitely the one at Bras Basah. Being a kiasu parent, I like to buy assessment books, and I can nearly always find the ones I want over there. And if there is any title that is out-of-stock, the staff will always help me place an order, and then reserve the books for me.

Unfortunately, the outlet nearest to my home is the one at Heartland Mall, and I have very negative experiences there! For a start, I can't find many assessment books. When I asked for help, the unfriendly staff will just say, "Oh, we don't sell this book here." Sigh. A real typical example of bad customer service!

I am staying between Hougang Mall and Heartland Mall, but I always go to Heartland Mall Popular if I want to buy assessment books. The staff at Heartland Mall definitely need to buck up in terms of their attitude.

new_to_sec1
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

1 people like this post

Postby randwick » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:15 pm

okmum wrote:I am sure everyone buys staff from Popular bookstores. What are your experiences?

My favourite one is Parkway Parade. Although it can get super crowded on Sundays, the staff usually maintain their cool. No black faces. And I once asked for Sec 1 and 2 history guide books , they were able to update me when the stock arrived.

randwick
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

1 people like this post

Postby Dreamgear » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:59 pm

Buy online and collect at your preferred outlet...

Dreamgear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

1 people like this post

Postby janet88 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:13 pm

Dreamgear wrote:Buy online and collect at your preferred outlet...

what's the difference buying online and collection?
btw, do you know if website indicates list of 'assessment book'?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

1 people like this post

Postby Champion » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:32 pm

janet88 wrote:[
btw, do you know if website indicates list of 'assessment book'?

I don't think they have this "function" now after they have revamped the webpage :sad:

Now have to log into individual assessment books publishers website to browse through the list. I knly know the following fewa; anyone has others, please share :thankyou:

(1) Educational Publishing House Pte Ltd
http://www.eph.com.sg/

(2) Singapore Asia Publishers Pte Ltd
http://sapgrp.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index

(3) Casco Publications Pte Ltd
http://www.casco.com.sg/

(4) Open Schoolbag
https://www.openschoolbag.com.sg/catego ... e-revision

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

1 people like this post

Postby janet88 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:25 pm

champion,
i have been searching for 'assessment books' in popular for a long time...wondering why they took out that selection. saves me time shortlisting for titles across different publishers.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time