General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:108

Re: Another by election

Post by limlim » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:31 pm

jetsetter wrote:
He needs to whisper into my ears, then I can confirm if we're thinking of the same scenario :)
ladies first....

I'm all ears.. :wink:

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:223

Post by jetsetter » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:37 pm

pirated wrote: Yes how doong-ed was he! A giant slayer but one term only

Granted, 11000 blind voters and CSJ is in, probably some fun to watch parliament debates again ? Yes lots of alternative media rooting for him - that's exactly why they are the alternative. But I don't think the alternative media is the majority yet. It is thus far just noisy minority versus quiet majority. The make belief by the noisy ones
Alternative media =/= BB eligible voters hor

What're the demographics for BB, I mean the age groups? There's only 1 condo in the entire BB.

If they take the "risk", they would be marginalised or not? Sekali cut off all feeder buses to JEM, JCube, IMM... :rotflmao:

Edusave Awardees might get more vouchers, cos will be from PAP grassroots advisor Murali, instead of CSJ, if the latter wins :) :duck:

pirated
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:122

Post by pirated » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:40 pm

jetsetter wrote:

Granted, 11000 blind voters and CSJ is in, probably some fun to watch parliament debates again ? Yes lots of alternative media rooting for him - that's exactly why they are the alternative. But I don't think the alternative media is the majority yet. It is thus far just noisy minority versus quiet majority. The make belief by the noisy ones

What're the demographics for BB, I mean the age groups? There's only 1 condo in the entire BB.

If they take the "risk", they would be marginalised or not? Sekali cut off all feeder buses to JEM, JCube, IMM... :rotflmao:

Edusave Awardees might get more vouchers, cos will be from PAP grassroots advisor Murali, instead of CSJ, if the latter wins :) :duck:
During that lunch in BB, ground is sweet for some good prata

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:247

Post by floppy » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:56 pm

jetsetter wrote:
BB people seem quite politically apathetic and contented w status quo, compared to those in the Northeast. Northeast ones very garung...潮州怒汉有种,没有 upgrade but still very 铁齿!
This narrative about a difference between the east and the west (or northeast and Bukit Batok) is nonsense. Singapore is, after all, only 719.1 sq km; there is very little difference in the regional politics (or even make up of the constituents, thanks to HDB racial policy). Northeast (or you mean Hougang) is garang because they have a reasonable alternative to choose from; in the west, they have none (yet). When being presented with a CMI alternative (like SDA), the northeast is equally apathetic and stick to the status quo.

While CSJ air war is outstanding (probably one of the best, if not the best, in Singapore), he can't win because his ground game is poor. Given that most Singaporeans already lean to a particular party, he needs a strong ground game to sway votes - something that SDP is unable to master / muster. Athough the events leading to this BE is favourable to the alternatives, unlike GE2015, the challenger is SDP. With a highly divisive candidate and poor field operators / operations, I highly doubt they can succeed ousting PAP.

P/S: that said, can see CSJ is trying to up his ground war by being out early to walk the ground, shake hands, lim kopi etc. Maybe, it is still possible to teach old dogs new tricks :evil:

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:186

Post by pirate » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:26 pm

By-election or not, I seriously doubt that the majority in BB will vote for Singapore Dotted Pink. :imanangel:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:163

Post by Nebbermind » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:30 pm

jetsetter wrote:
limlim wrote:
jetsetter wrote:
There're pros of having CSJ elected. But I won't tell you what...
you know, I know... :evil:

no need to spell out.. :wink:
are we on the same page :P :siam:
Scheisse! I'm still on the front cover :cry:

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by jetsetter » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:47 pm

pirated wrote:
jetsetter wrote:

Of course! They ordered prata man from Tharman! They didn't know which dish to pick, but the residents specifically asked for prata. People remember him. Many residents have lived there for more than 10 years.

It's not just any street prata man. He is supervisor of 100 lawyers at R&T, so PAP is not shoving a substandard candy at them also. Very sweet candy in fact.

But if people want In & Out burger, then too bad lah...

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Nebbermind » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:49 pm

So bb getting a murtabak for the price of a prata? Sweet!

sushi88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by sushi88 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:51 pm

jetsetter wrote:
pirated wrote:
jetsetter wrote: Alternative media =/= BB eligible voters hor

Of course! They ordered prata man from Tharman! They didn't know which dish to pick, but the residents specifically asked for prata. People remember him. Many residents have lived there for more than 10 years.

It's not just any street prata man. He is supervisor of 100 lawyers at R&T, so PAP is not shoving a substandard candy at them also. Very sweet candy in fact.

But if people want In & Out burger, then too bad lah...
If demographics of BB is more senior folks to younger folks, prata man gets the prize. If the youngsters are more than senior folks, then fast food would appeal.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by jetsetter » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:02 pm

Nebbermind wrote:So bb getting a murtabak for the price of a prata? Sweet!
Yes certainly not Ramly Burger