General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:108

Re: Another by election

Post by limlim » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:24 pm

jetsetter wrote:
Now the $1.9mil carrot is a real sweetener.
If they have any morals, fund the carrot from their own S&C. Increase it if they like.

Taking taxpayers money contributed by whole of SG for a Chee by election is really fk up.

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by limlim » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:28 pm

rains wrote:
zulu wrote:
I belong to the camp that believes PAP wants to and will win. :duck:
And I belong to the camp that believes even if the PAP candidate has the word 'lao tee ko' tattooed on his forehead, the majority of the residents will still vote for him.
*Like*

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by limlim » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:32 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Carrots are not too expensive in supermarkets and wet markets.
Depends on where you find it. In any case, carrot is more expensive than peanut..

$1.9mil vs $600k.. for e.g.

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by limlim » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:39 pm

jetsetter wrote:
Re: the above is confusing as I've dovetailed to floppy's post by mistake...

I was answering limlim who asked me last month why there are "pros" of having CSJ win this BE. I'd forgotten to reply to limlim.
Sorrie to hv you thinking of me.. :oops:

:evil: :siam:

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by limlim » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:42 pm

jetsetter wrote:
cool_hi wrote:Use people's money to dangle carrots to win votes lor...
If not,whose $$ is it????
Seriously, i don't need another highly-paid ($10-20k+/Mth???!)
YES-man
in parliament..
And with some irritating plans to increase parking charges,
High COEs,
Yet never-improving-forever-breaking-down mrt systems,
They have the cheeks to plan to increase parking charges,
Citing holistic reasons is to make people give up cars and
Take public transport???'
Seriously flawed!
Haiz!!! 70% kindly wake up..
Aft new ERP million-$ system,now increase parking charges
(we normal folks only fit enough to take public transport,
cars only for filthy-rich :yikes: ),
Wonder what else on the way to suck $$ back
(aft throwing all those carrots to us)
More to come!!!
想了都怕!haiz
Worst of all..i don't think my family received any carrots!!
Haiyo!!
Si beh loo gi leh...
:evil: :evil:

See? See? the "carrots" subject is so repulsive that would trigger this kind of adverse reaction from anyone...Why would PAP still go back to its old ways? I wonder what the GE strategist/spindoctor has been telling Murali.
It triggers adverse reaction in the form of online rant.

Not adverse reaction on the hand holding the pen that is to put a cross on a piece of paper on polling day.

That's why.

Tried and proven.

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by limlim » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:47 pm

janet88 wrote:
starlight1968sg wrote:Publicity using the deposite may be cheap
where do these independent parties get money to pay for deposit? why do they want to do it?
Already said publicity mah.. maybe uber fund it?

I'm sure many pple still never heard of uber or not sure what is it. But if the headline puts "uber driver" stand up erection.. pple may be curious what is uber and tada.... publicity..

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:220

Post by 3Boys » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:02 pm

limlim wrote:
rains wrote:
zulu wrote:
And I belong to the camp that believes even if the PAP candidate has the word 'lao tee ko' tattooed on his forehead, the majority of the residents will still vote for him.
*Like*
Kind of patronising for people to hurl insults at PAP voters as being simpletons, don't you think? Perhaps the 30% need to do a bit of soul searching themselves? So far I've not seen a single convincing argument as to why it's better to cast a vote for the oppies.

sushi88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:163

Post by sushi88 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:20 pm

3Boys wrote:
limlim wrote:
rains wrote: And I belong to the camp that believes even if the PAP candidate has the word 'lao tee ko' tattooed on his forehead, the majority of the residents will still vote for him.
*Like*
Kind of patronising for people to hurl insults at PAP voters as being simpletons, don't you think? Perhaps the 30% need to do a bit of soul searching themselves? So far I've not seen a single convincing argument as to why it's better to cast a vote for the oppies.
Agree. People still go coffee shops and internet to discuss the value proposition from each side before casting the vote. Eversince oppies have made a headway into the parliament, people are open to having oppies in there as voices especially via a by election that would not overthrow a government. So the chance is pretty much 50-50 unless CSJ does or says something wrongly.

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:220

Post by 3Boys » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:32 pm

sushi88 wrote:
3Boys wrote: Kind of patronising for people to hurl insults at PAP voters as being simpletons, don't you think? Perhaps the 30% need to do a bit of soul searching themselves? So far I've not seen a single convincing argument as to why it's better to cast a vote for the oppies.
Agree. People still go coffee shops and internet to discuss the value proposition from each side before casting the vote. Eversince oppies have made a headway into the parliament, people are open to having oppies in there as voices especially via a by election that would not overthrow a government. So the chance is pretty much 50-50 unless CSJ does or says something wrongly.
What is irksome to me is the use of the term "the 70%" as if these are blind and deaf morons who don't know better and have somehow been fooled by the ruling party.

What I see, is some form of vague discontent in the 30%, sometimes stemming from a lack of the broader view of matters and perhaps some self-centredness thrown in.

What I want is a strong competent government that moves society as a whole forwards. It may mean, depending on where you are in the social continuum, that you win on some issues and lose on others. But you take it as a whole offering and not cherry pick the stuff you are unhappy about without giving credit or taking for granted the things that do work for you.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Post by janet88 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:45 pm

rains wrote:
zulu wrote:
I may have complaints about high costs of living and education system...but I still belong to the camp that PAP will win. While DO's extra marital affairs is frowned upon, CSJ's 过桥拉板 towards his mentor is more unacceptable.