Car insurance

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Car insurance

Postby ngl2010 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:17 am

It is time for us to renew our car insurance. Anybody has experience with Tenet or Hong Leong Insurance?

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Car insurance

Postby ptb7476 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:58 pm

ngl2010 wrote:It is time for us to renew our car insurance. Anybody has experience with Tenet or Hong Leong Insurance?

dont restrict yourself to just these 2 insurers..

go ask for quotation and compare price / deductible

ptb7476
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby ngl2010 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:04 pm

ptb7476 wrote:
ngl2010 wrote:It is time for us to renew our car insurance. Anybody has experience with Tenet or Hong Leong Insurance?

These are the ones who offered best price and excess for us. We haven't heard about Tenet so we are a bit worried. Are they new player in the industry?

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngl2010 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:06 pm

Actually DirectAsia also offered competitive rate. But we are worried since they are only 6 years old in Singapore.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ptb7476 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:13 pm

ngl2010 wrote:
ptb7476 wrote:

These are the ones who offered best price and excess for us. We haven't heard about Tenet so we are a bit worried. Are they new player in the industry?

tenet is japanese insurance company now known as Sompo Insurance Singapore Pte. Ltd . they are not new .. they are just not as active as other motor player

if i didnt remember wrong , one of our car used to be by hong leong for the 1st year .. well cant say good or bad cos no claim

u only know whether it is good or bad when there is claim lolz

ngl2010 wrote:Actually DirectAsia also offered competitive rate. But we are worried since they are only 6 years old in Singapore.

A member of DirectAsia.com group of companies.
Reinsured by Munich Re, one of the world's leading reinsurers

u go google this company :evil:

ptb7476
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby hquek » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:16 pm

ngl2010 wrote:Actually DirectAsia also offered competitive rate. But we are worried since they are only 6 years old in Singapore.

This is probably my 3rd or 4th year insuring with Directasia. What I love about them:
1. competitive rates

2. flexibility in customizing - I can change excess amount, if I don't drive to work I pay less, if I drive very little (think it's 8k per year), premiums go down further...etc.

3. good with claims. I was involved in a minor accident some years back (my fault) and they were very prompt to pay up. Best part was, they didn't fault me in the coming year. I thought there was a mistake but customer service told me that they go by number of claims (how many claims made) in (I can't remember how many) years rather than quantum of claims. I tried asking other companies and they actually faulted me on the claim I made (not with them somemore) by hiking premiums quoted. Not sure if it's the same now but I hope they don't change.

Since (3), I have stayed with them.

Disclaimer: I don't work for DA. Purely a customer and I not getting any goodies for posting this also.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby atrecord » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:52 pm

i bought a policy 2+ wk ago when getting a replacement for a car to be scrapped. My existing insurance broker, who source for the cheapest quote for me over the years, gave a quote as usual. I got a quote from DirectAsia as well, and it was actually cheaper. But as it was very last-min (only had 2 days to get the CI ready for car transfer), so i decided to take my broker's quote instead. Was worried not sure DA will need how long to process and send me the CI, and whether will it delay the car transfer - as my old car needed to be deregistered by that (last) day...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ptb7476 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:57 pm

atrecord wrote:i bought a policy 2+ wk ago when getting a replacement for a car to be scrapped. My existing insurance broker, who source for the cheapest quote for me over the years, gave a quote as usual. I got a quote from DirectAsia as well, and it was actually cheaper. But as it was very last-min (only had 2 days to get the CI ready for car transfer), so i decided to take my broker's quote instead. Was worried not sure DA will need how long to process and send me the CI, and whether will it delay the car transfer - as my old car needed to be deregistered by that (last) day...

wah you go through insurance broker to get motor quote ?

i didnt know they do that .. i tot only performance car will look for these people

ptb7476
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby hquek » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:20 pm

I used to have an insurance broker who will lokok out for rates. First Cap, Nanyang insurance had really good rates also. Those rates were better than what I got from ntuc. But then I found DA....

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby atrecord » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:24 pm

ptb7476 wrote:
atrecord wrote:i bought a policy 2+ wk ago when getting a replacement for a car to be scrapped. My existing insurance broker, who source for the cheapest quote for me over the years, gave a quote as usual. I got a quote from DirectAsia as well, and it was actually cheaper. But as it was very last-min (only had 2 days to get the CI ready for car transfer), so i decided to take my broker's quote instead. Was worried not sure DA will need how long to process and send me the CI, and whether will it delay the car transfer - as my old car needed to be deregistered by that (last) day...

wah you go through insurance broker to get motor quote ?

i didnt know they do that .. i tot only performance car will look for these people

Dunno leh… this chap was in the Wish Forum years ago, when that forum was very active. Think some members approached him, and spread the word that he was able to get good quotes. So i contacted him too, and every year just let him continue to find the best quote to renew. In case you're wondering whether he earns millions from me, no leh, i pay about $600+ typically for a year.

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time