General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
ptb7476
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Car insurance

Post by ptb7476 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:48 pm

atrecord wrote:
ptb7476 wrote:
atrecord wrote:i bought a policy 2+ wk ago when getting a replacement for a car to be scrapped. My existing insurance broker, who source for the cheapest quote for me over the years, gave a quote as usual. I got a quote from DirectAsia as well, and it was actually cheaper. But as it was very last-min (only had 2 days to get the CI ready for car transfer), so i decided to take my broker's quote instead. Was worried not sure DA will need how long to process and send me the CI, and whether will it delay the car transfer - as my old car needed to be deregistered by that (last) day...
wah you go through insurance broker to get motor quote ?

i didnt know they do that .. i tot only performance car will look for these people
Dunno leh… this chap was in the Wish Forum years ago, when that forum was very active. Think some members approached him, and spread the word that he was able to get good quotes. So i contacted him too, and every year just let him continue to find the best quote to renew. In case you're wondering whether he earns millions from me, no leh, i pay about $600+ typically for a year.
icic ... i thought you approached the broking firm to get quotes for you

pirated
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:122

Post by pirated » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:52 pm

I use a broker for car insurance. Using them for the last 20 years. Of course as long term customer I got very good service. Got NCB protector as well, can use any workshop if needed, that means repair by authorized dealer if needed. Zero excess.

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:6

Post by atrecord » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:05 am

pirated wrote:I use a broker for car insurance. Using them for the last 20 years. Of course as long term customer I got very good service. Got NCB protector as well, can use any workshop if needed, that means repair by authorized dealer if needed. Zero excess.
Wah sounds like better than mine...
zero excess some more... maybe i should try them next time...

chico020
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by chico020 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:00 pm

I don't think if that particular term does exist since it's already unnamed by other insurance company in my opinion. However, this portal gives me the best affordable insurance company in the Philippines https://www.ecomparemo.com/vehicle-insurance

archcherub
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by archcherub » Sun May 12, 2019 10:08 am

pirated wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:52 pm
I use a broker for car insurance. Using them for the last 20 years. Of course as long term customer I got very good service. Got NCB protector as well, can use any workshop if needed, that means repair by authorized dealer if needed. Zero excess.
i also thinking of using leh.
is broker cheaper than motor agent ah?
my motor agent giving me 10% off, but i suspect the premiums are higher in the first place lor.
i read their article on car guide for motor insurance and was wondering should i contact them...

(i don't want my previous ntuc income liao. claim very troublesome, and they check everything till waste time)

jho48109
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by jho48109 » Tue May 14, 2019 11:02 am

Who has Kwiksure Singapore here?

Josh12
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Josh12 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:53 am

Hello,
I have one question please, what is the best car insurance in terms of cost here in Singapore ?
Thanks !

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:25

Post by MyPillow » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:48 am

Direct Asia , Fwd- Cust serv quite gd , affordable n reasonable
New one us budget Asia - heard its cheap but yet to try .
Go n get no obligation quotes

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:158

Post by Nebbermind » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:42 am

MyPillow wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:48 am
Direct Asia , Fwd- Cust serv quite gd , affordable n reasonable
New one us budget Asia - heard its cheap but yet to try .
Go n get no obligation quotes
I always leave it too late to shop for insurance and end up just renewing. :sad:

Vanz
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Vanz » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:34 am

Mine is expiring and planning to get Direct Asia, heard price is reasonable. I have a very expensive insurance now and I don't think it is practical to keep it.