Parents who make their children undergo plastic surgery

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Parents who make their children undergo plastic surgery

Postby nic88 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:50 pm

Such as bringing them for double eyelid surgery, pinning their ears back or having nose jobs and such.

Anyone have personal experiences with such cases or people?

cheers

nic88
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Andaiz » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:53 pm

Ehm....sorry to ask a fundamental, silly even question...
Why? :?

Andaiz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby skunk » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:56 pm

Andaiz wrote:Ehm....sorry to ask a fundamental, silly even question...
Why? :?

they think their children are not beautiful enough?

skunk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby nic88 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:56 pm

Why?
Why as in why am I asking such a question or why would they bring them for surgery?

First why: I'm doing a school paper on such a case therefore I need sources. Thus I'm here!

Second why: That's what I'd like to find out too. But I believe they do it to conform to society's notion of beauty these days. Keep up academically, keep up aesthetically too.

nic88
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Parents who make their children undergo plastic surgery

Postby skunk » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:57 pm

nic88 wrote:Such as bringing them for double eyelid surgery, pinning their ears back or having nose jobs and such.

cheers

yes, i've heard of such cases, though no personal contact with them. Disgusting people, only concerned with looks....bimbotic fools.

What they need is a brain transplant lol

skunk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby nic88 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:59 pm

skunk wrote:
nic88 wrote:Such as bringing them for double eyelid surgery, pinning their ears back or having nose jobs and such.

cheers

yes, i've heard of such cases, though no personal contact with them. Disgusting people, only concerned with looks....bimbotic fools.

No contact! Argh lol... so close.. so close!

nic88
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Andaiz » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:00 pm

skunk wrote:

cheers

That my dear is impossible coz no brain to begin with, how to TRANS-plant? mebbe IMplant.

Sorry, nic88, don't have such personal experiences nor know of such people but the "why?" is pointed to why do they want their kids to undergo the knife and all its related pain and possibilities (of disfigurement)?

The children are product of our genes...so I'm happy the way they are...although truth be told, I pinch DD2's nose in hope that it won't look like a garlic clove :wink: But to put them trhough plastic surgery? Not in a million years! :P

Andaiz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby skunk » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:03 pm

nic88 wrote:No contact! Argh lol... so close.. so close!

it's a friend's friend's neighbour....who brought her daughter to do double eyelids....daughter is 9 years old or something...

So sorry can't help directly.

But i've seen with my own eyes one Ah Lian looking mom, with a daughter around 3 years old, daughter's whole head dyed blonde, like the mother.....i think this is the type you should be looking out for....just hang out downtown at night maybe u will get to see them, then u can go interview them hehe

skunk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby tankee » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:15 pm

such surgery on children is not common here unless the child is born with some major scar or torned lips.

But quite common in some countries; like South Korea; typcially in the final years before graduation & before graduation photo is taken.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby nic88 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:19 pm

tankee wrote:such surgery on children is not common here unless the child is born with some major scar or torned lips.

But quite common in some countries; like South Korea; typcially in the final years before graduation & before graduation photo is taken.

Not common but definitely rising. That's why I'm looking to speak with people who've done so in hopes of finding out their side of the story :D

nic88
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Recess Time