buying clothes for tweens

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

buying clothes for tweens

Postby heutistmeintag » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:24 am

This is kinda dumb for me..hahaha

My kids' sizes are at a stage where children sizes are too small and teens/adult sizes are too big. CNY is around the corner and I am desperate to get something for them. Any advice?

heutistmeintag
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby BlurBee » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:33 am

Custom made? :wink:
Dun :heresmyfish: me

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby heutistmeintag » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:37 am

BlurBee wrote:Custom made? :wink:
Dun :heresmyfish: me

Probably not as I would expect too expensive. They are outgrowing their sizes every 6 months, I had been donating new clothes and shoes to Salvation Army last year as they were growing ~1 cm taller every month. I was joking with them that perhaps, I will get some from there for them too so that I wont be spending so much money. SO, no branded clothes too! :)

heutistmeintag
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: buying clothes for tweens

Postby LKVM » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:42 am

heutistmeintag wrote:This is kinda dumb for me..hahaha

My kids' sizes are at a stage where children sizes are too small and teens/adult sizes are too big. CNY is around the corner and I am desperate to get something for them. Any advice?

Why not buy little big size and do small alterations at home... can use for 1 yr :D

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:58 am

Try Zara at Liat Towers. They have a bigger collection of children clothings at that outlet.

Up to child size 14. So certainly can find a size that fit your kids since they have a full range of sizes. Size 14 is almost adult size

I think Zara is having sales now.

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:10 pm

My niece is in that stage now. Not sure what you are looking for. If you don't mind short skirts and Tees, and the shorts that is so in right now, try OP or even Fox adults.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby EN » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:19 pm

For my girl, these days I will buy separate top and bottom. There are some good quality jeans that still has adjustable waist. The length of the pants are longer. As she grows older, the waist still fit but the length does not, I'll go to the tailor to have the pants cut to become 3/4 pants. Match the bottom with pretty blouses. The loose ones. Can last about a year. If she wants to wear a denim skirt, once it becomes too short but the waist still fit (due to adjustable band), I just get her to add on tights. Tights with mini skirt.

For my boy, same thing for this pants. T-shirt, I usually buy 1 size bigger for him.

EN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tutormum » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:03 pm

I guess for boys are easier. I buy the smallest size in the adult section. It's helps that all my DS prefers clothes a little bigger than their sizes. :wink:

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:15 pm

Hi... yah, i face the same problem too.

What I do is to go to the kids dept and get the XL sizes or the adults section and get the S or XS sizes.

For CNY shopping, recently went to GAP - children's dept and bought the XL (14-16 yo) sized clothes. I found the prices reasonable - less than $50 for girls' jeans/pants and less than $30 for the Tees. I think can have at least 1-2 years mileage before passing down to younger siblings/cousins.

Also, I find their designs trendy and in my DDs words, "cool" :| That seems to be the key word for them now. Must be "cool". :roll:

With promotions and discounts, sometimes the prices go down further.

Another place to consider is Fox and Esprit Kids. But I find that the prices are slightly on the high side. Must go during sales and promotions. Than more value for $$.

Happy shopping!! 8)

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby pecalis » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:10 pm

Shoes for girls, I buy them from D&C - Design & Comfort. This is the only shop that I could get shoes for my 11 yo daughter - pretty, smart, casual and comfortable. Was told the shoes come from Korea. Price is also very reasonable. Many branches - The Central, Sq 2, IMM, Lucky Plaza, Hougang Mall, Compass point, etc

I've recommended a few friends already, because it's really a headache, searching and searching, yet cannot find suitable size and design. Poor daughter was without 'proper' shoes for 6mths! So when we found it, we bought 2 pairs for her and another 2 pairs for myself!

pecalis
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time