Which Character do you prefer?

Bond
30%
Bourne
70%

Total votes : 10

Bond vs Bourne

Postby 3Boys » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Since there is a Bond thread, thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and put forth my fav action character in comparison.

I think the Bourne series is well written with a taut storyline and great action sequences. Matt Damon has been really convincing in his role as a tortured ex-assassin. The Bond series, in comparison, seems almost silly and pedestrian.

There are a bunch more novels in the Bourne series by Robert Ludlum, and long may Bourne live!

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Bond vs Bourne

Postby autumnbronze » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:54 pm

3Boys wrote:Since there is a Bond thread, thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and put forth my fav action character in comparison.

I think the Bourne series is well written with a taut storyline and great action sequences. Matt Damon has been really convincing in his role as a tortured ex-assassin. The Bond series, in comparison, seems almost silly and pedestrian.

There are a bunch more novels in the Bourne series by Robert Ludlum, and long may Bourne live!

Oh dear 3boys,

*Gasp* after reading the statement highlighted in blue.... :wink:

Just pray that there aren't any DIE HARD Bond fans here .... :wink: :wink: :D

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby tankee » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:39 pm

Bourne seems more realistic

Bond is bit more science fiction like

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Blobbi » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:41 pm

3Boys wrote:Since there is a Bond thread, thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and put forth my fav action character in comparison.

It's all in the name of fun and entertainment lah. Got to suspend reality for all/most movies, even for the Bourne Identity mah.

That said, Matt Damon is an amazing actor. I really liked him in The Talented Mr Ripley - man, was he chilling as the multiple-identity-assuming killer. And of course, the Bourne Series was fantastic.

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MLR » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:46 pm

Erh, dislike the 1st Bourne movie. :P DH caught it during our honeymoon in Bali.
Instead of spending time with me, his eyes glued to tv and kept me up with his excitment, no, not about me, about the darn movie. :x

MLR
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby tankee » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:49 pm

MLR wrote:Erh, dislike the 1st Bourne movie. :P DH caught it during our honeymoon in Bali.
Instead of spending time with me, his eyes glued to tv and kept me up with his excitment, no, not about me, about the darn movie. :x

aiyo !!!!! how could he !!! :stupid:

tankee
Site Admin

Postby 3Boys » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Hee hee, yeah, to be fair, they are 2 slightly different genres, and Bond has to be true to the legacy of previous styles of Bond movie-making, otherwise long-time fans will be up in arms. So hence some of the lame pick up lines....

Why I say I like Daniel Craig is because he seemed to be able to bring a bit of modernity to the character, whereas Pierce was really just a bit of an extension from Sean Connery and Roger Moore.

Bourne OTOH, had a clean slate to start with. Who knows, maybe after 30 years, it'd look old too.

The one series which I truly thought the old series far exceeded the new one, was Star Wars. Oh man, just watched 'The Empire Strikes Back' a few weeks back, now THAT was a REAL movie.......

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby autumnbronze » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:22 pm

Blobbi wrote:

It's all in the name of fun and entertainment lah. Got to suspend reality for all/most movies, even for the Bourne Identity mah.

That said, Matt Damon is an amazing actor. I really liked him in The Talented Mr Ripley - man, was he chilling as the multiple-identity-assuming killer. And of course, the Bourne Series was fantastic.

Yup, do agree that Matt DAmon is a very talened actor. I first saw him in that movie with Ben Affleck and Robin Williams, Good Will Hunting. Never fail to make my pupils sit up when I show that movie to them, as a form of inspiration .... :D

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Funz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:19 pm

Bourne for me.

Like all of you mentioned more up to date lah. Bond more old school and too many women. At least Bourne a bit more faithful. :P

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby tree nymph » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:29 pm

Bourne for me too!

Matt is brilliant! i heard he is very smart too, he turned down harvard to go into hollywood... (I mean he is smart to get accepted to harvard and even smarter to go into hollywood and create a name for himself, not to say more $$$)

:lol:

tree nymph
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time