Happy Valentine's Day!

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Happy Valentine's Day!

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:50 pm

I was looking for the wishes thread but could not find one. Does it mean no one celebrates Valentine anymore?

We got a hand-made message from our dd this morning.
DH made tom yam soup dinner for both of us, special noodles for dd
and MADE mango ice-cream dessert for all of us! Yummy surprise indeed!

Hmm...what did I do? I showed appreciation of their good work! :tongue:

Happy Valentine's Day to one and all!

Re: Happy Valentine's Day!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:03 pm

ks2me wrote:I was looking for the wishes thread but could not find one. Does it mean no one celebrates Valentine anymore?...

I found out that today was Valentine's Day only a couple of hours ago, when my wife went like, "Oh yah hor... today is Valentine's Day!" :oops:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby tankee » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:05 pm

Happy Valentines' Day.

We did not celebrate it this year :oops: focus was on CNY. CNY is only once a year whereas valentines' day should be every day.

Today, DS went around wishing people "Gong Xi Fa Cai, Happy Valentines Day"

tankee
Site Admin

Postby tankee » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:05 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:I found out that today was Valentine's Day only a couple of hours ago, when my wife went like, "Oh yah hor... today is Valentine's Day!" :oops:

:lol: :lol:

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:06 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
ks2me wrote:I was looking for the wishes thread but could not find one. Does it mean no one celebrates Valentine anymore?...

I found out that today was Valentine's Day only a couple of hours ago, when my wife went like, "Oh yah hor... today is Valentine's Day!" :oops:

Haha as expected....but nevermind...the 15th day of CNY is also Valentine's Day (Chinese one). Ask your kids to remind you like what my dd did for us... :lol:

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:07 pm

tankee wrote:Happy Valentines' Day.

We did not celebrate it this year :oops: focus was on CNY. CNY is only once a year whereas valentines' day should be every day.

Today, DS went around wishing people "Gong Xi Fa Cai, Happy Valentines Day"

So right tankee! And your ds is so cute. I think children seem to love valentine's day as well. :D

Postby jedamum » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:07 pm

Never celebrated... think the only time we got gifts from each other is during our first year of dating....i painstakingly sewed him a cross-stitch bookmark while he printed out some computer-generated card from his printer :nunchuk:. i never fail to remind him on Valentine's day every year. :wink:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:09 pm

jedamum wrote:Never celebrated... think the only time we got gifts from each other is during our first year of dating....i painstakingly sewed him a cross-stitch bookmark while he printed out some computer-generated card from his printer :nunchuk:. i never fail to remind him on Valentine's day every year. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: it's so funny....yet memorable..

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:09 pm

ks2me wrote:Haha as expected....but nevermind...the 15th day of CNY is also Valentine's Day (Chinese one). Ask your kids to remind you like what my dd did for us... :lol:

I should have been reminded because my DD kept bringing back heart-shaped objects that she made in Schoolhouse By The Bay - I was like - how come so many hearts and no CNY handicraft instead :?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:45 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
ks2me wrote:Haha as expected....but nevermind...the 15th day of CNY is also Valentine's Day (Chinese one). Ask your kids to remind you like what my dd did for us... :lol:

I should have been reminded because my DD kept bringing back heart-shaped objects that she made in Schoolhouse By The Bay - I was like - how come so many hearts and no CNY handicraft instead :?

Daddy getting old...... :lol: :lol:

Next

Return to Recess Time