Anyone heard of this singer called Chyi Yu?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Anyone heard of this singer called Chyi Yu?

Postby markfch » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:44 pm

I know is this not related to parenting, but has anyone heard of this Chinese singer called Chyi Yu? Her voice is just amazing. Serene yet eerie - to me at least - at the same time. She'll put many comtemporary singers to shame.

You can here one of her songs here ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNRjPBc9rbQ
User avatar
markfch
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2752
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:07 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Anyone heard of this singer called Chyi Yu?

Postby daisyt » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:53 pm

markfch wrote:I know is this not related to parenting, but has anyone heard of this Chinese singer called Chyi Yu? Her voice is just amazing. Serene yet eerie - to me at least - at the same time. She'll put many comtemporary singers to shame.

You can here one of her songs here ==> [url] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNRjPBc9rbQ


Of course. 齐豫 is 齐秦's sister mah. Both have good voice. :D

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:54 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby schellen » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:53 pm

You mean Qi Qin's sister? Then, yes, I knew of her since my sch days but I don't listen to her songs. I don't listen much to Chinese songs anyway.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:17 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby markfch » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:59 pm

You people are good. Then how come I don't know her until yesterday when one of my relatives intro? Must be that I too into Bee Gees :oops:
User avatar
markfch
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2752
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:07 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby daisyt » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:02 pm

markfch wrote:You people are good. Then how come I don't know her until yesterday when one of my relatives intro? Must be that I too into Bee Gees :oops:


Hur ? You Bee Gees generation mei ? Joking .... 8) :D

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:54 am
Total Likes: 0



Postby markfch » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:05 pm

daisyt wrote:
markfch wrote:You people are good. Then how come I don't know her until yesterday when one of my relatives intro? Must be that I too into Bee Gees :oops:


Hur ? You Bee Gees generation mei ? Joking .... 8) :D


Actually I Beatles generation one. But don't wan to sound so old. But now kena exposed :|
User avatar
markfch
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2752
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:07 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby BigDevil » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:06 pm

markfch wrote:You people are good. Then how come I don't know her until yesterday when one of my relatives intro? Must be that I too into Bee Gees :oops:

Maybe because she's better known for her chinese songs?

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor
 
Posts: 9157
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:30 pm
Total Likes: 19


Postby Fairy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:24 pm

schellen wrote:You mean Qi Qin's sister? Then, yes, I knew of her since my sch days but I don't listen to her songs. I don't listen much to Chinese songs anyway.


I have a copy of her CD (only English songs). Particularly like the song: Stories.

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:40 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby Blobbi » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Listening now. Gosh, she's really good. Goose bumps now!

She sounds like she should be a Scottish lass singing those old haunting English ballades...

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1479
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:35 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby sleepy » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:40 pm

I fell in love with her 橄欖樹 since I was a child :wink:
First heard this song in the movie 歡顏
Last edited by sleepy on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 9075
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:21 pm
Total Likes: 34


Next

Return to Recess Time