Supermarkets in talks to charge for plastic bags

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:40

Re: Supermarkets in talks to charge for plastic bags

Post by MrsKiasu » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:07 am

We use many eggs nowadays so I will buy in 30s tray. I noticed that the big tray egg price back to its usual $3.90 yesterday after went up to $4+ recently.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:119

Post by Jennifer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:57 pm

Strategized my NTUC purchases with $30+ total purchases, one own bag n one NTUC plastic bag reuse.
I get to walk more too since more shopping trips.
Next challenge - walk to BT Plaza.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by MrsKiasu » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:42 pm

Jennifer wrote:Strategized my NTUC purchases with $30+ total purchases, one own bag n one NTUC plastic bag reuse.
to collect stamps for Jamie Oliver knifes? I have redeemed 1 Paring 1 Chef and 1 pair of scissors. still collecting, maybe another Paring knife?see how.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:119

Post by Jennifer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:09 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Strategized my NTUC purchases with $30+ total purchases, one own bag n one NTUC plastic bag reuse.
to collect stamps for Jamie Oliver knifes? I have redeemed 1 Paring 1 Chef and 1 pair of scissors. still collecting, maybe another Paring knife?see how.
I dun mind collecting knives :lol:

Huiwen86
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Huiwen86 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:11 pm

Jennifer wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:
I dun mind collecting knives :lol:
How do you collect all these freebies?By collecting the points after purchase of groceries?

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by MrsKiasu » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:40 pm

every $30 receipt, you get 1 stamp. either 5stamps +(higher) cash or 10stamps+(lower)cash to purchase the items. you can take a look at what is on offer. I used 10 stamps and i think I paid for the Chef knife @$9.90?. paring knife and scissors at 5.90/3.90 if not wrong. I find it cheap as the price for those no brand small knife/scissors are about there. i have 4 pair of scissors now. thought can use the new one for cutting plant/paper, came back home, feel sayang :lol:

Huiwen86
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Huiwen86 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:46 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:every $30 receipt, you get 1 stamp. either 5stamps +(higher) cash or 10stamps+(lower)cash to purchase the items. you can take a look at what is on offer. I used 10 stamps and i think I paid for the Chef knife @$9.90?. paring knife and scissors at 5.90/3.90 if not wrong. I find it cheap as the price for those no brand small knife/scissors are about there. i have 4 pair of scissors now. thought can use the new one for cutting plant/paper, came back home, feel sayang :lol:
If I am not wrong,there were Tefal pots up for grabs sometime ago as well right?

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by MrsKiasu » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:52 pm

Huiwen86 wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:every $30 receipt, you get 1 stamp. either 5stamps +(higher) cash or 10stamps+(lower)cash to purchase the items. you can take a look at what is on offer. I used 10 stamps and i think I paid for the Chef knife @$9.90?. paring knife and scissors at 5.90/3.90 if not wrong. I find it cheap as the price for those no brand small knife/scissors are about there. i have 4 pair of scissors now. thought can use the new one for cutting plant/paper, came back home, feel sayang :lol:
If I am not wrong,there were Tefal pots up for grabs sometime ago as well right?
i would think so..I only got to know how to read the printed number that comes together with the receipt not too long ago. so only bought the knifes. i think better control myself, there should be other point purchase coming out on frequent basis.

Huiwen86
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Huiwen86 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:54 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:
Huiwen86 wrote:
i would think so..I only got to know how to read the printed number that comes together with the receipt not too long ago. so only bought the knifes. i think better control myself, there should be other point purchase coming out on frequent basis.
Usually,I dont really take note of such stuff.Just pay and go lol.

Maybe I should pay closer attention next time round.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:209

Post by slmkhoo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:13 am

Unless I can get the items completely free with the points, and I actually need it, I don't usually bother. It just clutters up the house, and still costs money.