household income

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

household income

Postby nettie » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:06 am

having a household income of $10k does it consider a high household income or middle range?

It seems that alot of my friend falls between $8k to $11k and gov seems to forget this range of pple on the list.

How much is consider low, middle or high income?

:x

nettie
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:29 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby MMM » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:11 am

That is a million dollar question that I can't find a clear answer to it too :lol:

I believe alot of combined household income that is like $20K - $30k per month is also sitting in this middle income range. So this middle income range is probably a big range.

Eg. what is the definition of high income??? hundreds of thousands a month ???? :?

MMM
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 4734
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:28 pm
Total Likes: 77


Postby LKVM » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:15 am

MMM wrote:That is a million dollar question that I can't find a clear answer to it too :lol:

I believe alot of combined household income that is like $20K - $30k per month is also sitting in this middle income range. So this middle income range is probably a big range.

Eg. what is the definition of high income??? hundreds of thousands a month ???? :?


Maybe 50K per month high income :?

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14884
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:12 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby tankee » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:16 am

Statistics are meant to be shown according to the context to achieve desirable purpose.

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18


Re: household income

Postby Funz » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:33 pm

nettie wrote:having a household income of $10k does it consider a high household income or middle range?

It seems that alot of my friend falls between $8k to $11k and gov seems to forget this range of pple on the list.

How much is consider low, middle or high income?

:x


This is the not destitute enough to need help and not rich enough to warrant the IRAS's attention income group.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 10824
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm
Total Likes: 318



Re: household income

Postby fussyMummy » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:46 pm

nettie wrote:having a household income of $10k does it consider a high household income or middle range?

It seems that alot of my friend falls between $8k to $11k and gov seems to forget this range of pple on the list.

How much is consider low, middle or high income?

:x


Hi nettie,

Low income is those total household income less than$1.5k

Dont be surprise on it... as they are many...

above $1.5k, not entitled to a lot of subsidize.... :stupid:

fussyMummy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby starlight1968sg » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:52 pm

what is the definition?
Both husband and wife earn 8k to 10k per month and that 8-10k is considered as household income?
If this is the case, I would cinsidered as middle-range since each person would earn about 4-5k per month.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10132
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:43 am
Total Likes: 23


Postby LKVM » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:02 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:what is the definition?
Both husband and wife earn 8k to 10k per month and that 8-10k is considered as household income?
If this is the case, I would cinsidered as middle-range since each person would earn about 4-5k per month.


Yes household income means total of all incomes in the family. So if wife earns 4 k husband earns 6 k then total household income 10K

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14884
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:12 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby jedamum » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:27 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:what is the definition?
Both husband and wife earn 8k to 10k per month and that 8-10k is considered as household income?
If this is the case, I would cinsidered as middle-range since each person would earn about 4-5k per month.

<$2k is lower income
$4-6k is consider middle income.
$10k and more is consider high income.
i cannot visualise a $10k per month family needing subsidies.
i will be :!: if these group of people are included in govt subsidies plan.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8519
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Postby LKVM » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:30 pm

jedamum wrote:i cannot visualise a $10k per month family needing subsidies.
i will be :!: if these group of people are included in govt subsidies plan.


wat if need to support 4 children parents and parents in law and maid?

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14884
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:12 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Recess Time