School Run

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
Luvkid
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by Luvkid » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:02 pm

I used to love "school run" when DS1 was in child care (k1/k2). Not to mention about his classmates, i know their parents, and know some of the other family members too! :wink: I can somehow still recall his fellow classmates though he had already graduated 2 years back. At time, still able to see those familiar faces in my neighbourhood, I will initiate and ask how's life. Surprisingly they remember me as whos mummy. 8) Really missed those bunch of kids & their parents, always try to catch up whatever possible for that short while. BUT, i m too shy :oops: to simply ask for phone number or email address..... Think current situation will be good. If we are fated to meet, we will meet.... :celebrate:

After DS1 goes to primary school, initially I will fetch him from school in the evening. Tried to remember faces of fellow classmates and parents, but results not to promising. Remember once i tried to "hello" with DS1 classmate & parent, she just looked at the ground, stared in the air, end up, i "hello" to her DD. I would still put up my grin whenever i pick up DS1, but the response is nothing. Early this year, I swop this duty with DH, as much as he can get invovle with this..... So I get to see DS1 fellow classmates & parents left often....instead i fetch DS2 from the child care. Trying to build up the special bond with the parents of his fellow classmates, since I already mananged to do it with his classmates. :celebrate:

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by mathsparks » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:23 pm

For those whose school runs are longer, consider listening to audiobooks while on your way there/home. Kills the boredom on the long drive.

I've recently finished Jodi Picoult's tenth circle (so-so nia) and is starting on Nicholas Sparks' True Believer.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:7

Post by 2ppaamm » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:47 pm

mathsparks wrote:For those whose school runs are longer, consider listening to audiobooks while on your way there/home. Kills the boredom on the long drive.

I've recently finished Jodi Picoult's tenth circle (so-so nia) and is starting on Nicholas Sparks' True Believer.

Where do you get those CDs? O, you have a PM.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by mathsparks » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:59 pm

Thanks for the mail 2ppaamm. I get the cds from the library. FOC somemore. and you can borrow up to 2 titles per card for 2 weeks. There're non-fiction titles too.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by phankao » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:55 pm

2ppaamm wrote:I like to walk my 2 younger boys to school after DH drops us. For DS2, we will cross the bridge together and I will give him simple reminders like, "Keep your hands and feet to yourself." Remember to take out your worksheet and handup. After that, we have a short prayer and he walks off. When he reappears after crossing the chapel, he will wave until he no longer sees me.

After dropping DS2, I will get back into the car and drive DS3 to his school. He will always ask for a simple prayer as well as he is quite afraid of school being P1. I will then walk him all the way to the steps leading to the hall. I have asked him to take a shorter route to the hall. But he wanted to take the longer route. He said, "So that I can wave longer at mummy." He kept on waving as he walked till he had to enter the hall.

Every time these 2 boys disappear from my sight, I told myself they are one step further away from me, and one step closer to leaving me. So, I do treasure each and every opportunity to walk them, no matter how difficult.

Wah ... so drama, ah? Your daily school run so *touching*, har? ;-)

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by 2ppaamm » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:40 pm

phankao wrote:Wah ... so drama, ah? Your daily school run so *touching*, har? ;-)

Ya lor, after the older 3 grew up from Primary school, I sort of miss that, and I have never dropped them off this way, it was always just drop off the car and screaming out "Bye! Have fun!"

The last 2, must treasure a bit more lah... maybe also getting old. Everyday, I feel that they are growing slightly more apart. Today, DS3, just ran off with his friends, he did not wave and wave any more. But I continued to wave lor, in case he looked back, he would see mummy still waving.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by phankao » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:28 am

mathsparks wrote:Thanks for the mail 2ppaamm. I get the cds from the library. FOC somemore. and you can borrow up to 2 titles per card for 2 weeks. There're non-fiction titles too.

All libraries have? I usu enjoy music on my drives.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by mathsparks » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:45 pm

phankao wrote:
mathsparks wrote:Thanks for the mail 2ppaamm. I get the cds from the library. FOC somemore. and you can borrow up to 2 titles per card for 2 weeks. There're non-fiction titles too.

All libraries have? I usu enjoy music on my drives.

I frequent the ones at Marine Parade, Bishan and Tampines. Music gets boring after a while for me and I absolutely DETEST prime time radio and its incessant commercials/traffic updates etc.

2ppaamm
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by 2ppaamm » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:46 pm

mathsparks wrote:I absolutely DETEST prime time radio and its incessant commercials/traffic updates etc.

And I wonder why they have to be 'blue' to attract attention. Necessary meh? Trying to be funny, but I find it not very tastefully done. But this is a good idea, I don't have to bear with their nonsense.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:86

Post by buds » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:54 pm

phankao wrote:
2ppaamm wrote:I like to walk my 2 younger boys to school after DH drops us. For DS2, we will cross the bridge together and I will give him simple reminders like, "Keep your hands and feet to yourself." Remember to take out your worksheet and handup. After that, we have a short prayer and he walks off. When he reappears after crossing the chapel, he will wave until he no longer sees me.

After dropping DS2, I will get back into the car and drive DS3 to his school. He will always ask for a simple prayer as well as he is quite afraid of school being P1. I will then walk him all the way to the steps leading to the hall. I have asked him to take a shorter route to the hall. But he wanted to take the longer route. He said, "So that I can wave longer at mummy." He kept on waving as he walked till he had to enter the hall.

Every time these 2 boys disappear from my sight, I told myself they are one step further away from me, and one step closer to leaving me. So, I do treasure each and every opportunity to walk them, no matter how difficult.

Wah ... so drama, ah? Your daily school run so *touching*, har? ;-)

Yah... you made me cry buckets! :cry: