Olympic Skating Champion - Kim Yuna

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Postby Blobbi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:49 pm

Thanks for this, Insider. She's such a gorgeous and multi-talented performer. What a surprise about her beautiful singing! Totally inspiring to watch someone like this!

I really look forward to watching the short programme (and the long one) once the Olympics are over and hopefully, there are no broadcast infringements.

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Muffins » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:26 pm

Sorry guys, but I like the one by the team of Meryl Davis and Charlie White doing their Indian Dance routine better. I mean, they did it in real Indian clothes. That's hard! :D

Muffins
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kaydenbrown » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:12 pm

Wow...real korean pride!

So proud of her.. i worked in korea for some number of years so I feel a sense of attachment to koreans...

kaydenbrown
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby autumnbronze » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:19 pm

Thanks insider for putting up the youtube videos.

I always only follow the gymnastics and ice-skating category when watching competitive sports events. Unfortunately now with a toddler in tow, its hard to keep track, although I know the winter olympics is on.

Yuna Kim is indeed beautiful. V few women can look beautiful with black eyeshadow like that too. And her grace ... Wow!

:D
Last edited by autumnbronze on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Blobbi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:38 pm

Tks of the second set of videos. Enjoying it tremendously!

I know what you mean - I love Asian beauty and don't highlight my hair too (actually, more because it's also too much trouble). Yuna has a very beautiful and slim body shape that Asians are more likely to have cos we have finer bones. She's really doing us Asians proud!

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby westmom » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:55 pm

insider wrote:Think I feel the 'most proud' thing about her she representing Chinese going into an international competition looking like a Chinese and nothing else, with black hair and not dyed. Personally I prefer my kids to still look Chinese and don't get their look 'westernised'.

I'm with you on this....we are asians and should be proud of that...why dye hair to look "western". Have taken opportunity to "psyco-ed" dd about this but I am not sure whether influences from media and friends will "win" eventually. Some more, can save money and have heathier scalp from no dyeing...

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby tankee » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:15 pm

She executed some very difficult moves so beautifully and seemingly effortless. Simply amazing !

tankee
Site Admin

Postby ZacK » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:48 pm

Thanks Insider ;)

I knew that she won the olympic skating but didnt know that she is so talented. She is pretty, executed those difficult moves effortlessly and gracefully... I am sure behind those flawless moves were many occasions of falling, bruising, sprains and picking herself up. Kudos to her :D

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby markfch » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:44 pm

Just wondering when would S'pore get our own world champion? Actually we are quite good in bowling, just that the sport is not that big globally, I think. Maybe our women swimmers will get some olympic medals in the years to come. But don't wait too long hor, cos I'm not young anymore :wink:
markfch
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time