VPost Service & Charges

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Postby metz » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:34 pm

Hi Insider,

I'm not familiar with Vpost but I do know another service provider, comgateway does provide repacking service at a fee. Check this out - Repacking. But there's one catch with this service provider, it only provides 15 days of free storage. After which, they will charge US$1 for each package per day.
metz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby metz » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:27 am

Hi Insider,

DS just started formal schooling. So, only popping in once in a while to kp kp :)

I have used comgateway before. Pretty happy with their service (although I read some had unpleasant encounters with them).

Borderlinx is another one that I frequent too. It's DHL in partnership with citibank. Insurance costs has been factored into the shipping charges, which explains for the higher shipping costs. But for Borderlinx, you'll have to pay for your merchandise with citibank credit card. Otherwise, the insurance coverage is not applicable and they are eligible to slap on higher shipping charges.

Happy shopping. :)
metz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:44 am

hi insider,

I only used vpost europe before, and there is NO repacking (that much is stated on their website). I ordered 1 lot of books from a website and they happily put one bookpack in another box (it was mostly air inside). ended up I had to pay handling charges for 2 boxes (when if anyone had bothered to restack, it would all have gone into 1 box).

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby metz » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:48 am

Oh yes, I forgot to mention Borderlinx doesn't offer repackaging serivce. For comgateway, you'll have to pay for insurance. So, if you are looking for repacking and safe delivery, comgateway might be the choice. Just additional costs.
metz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time