I feel so sad for this JJC girl

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

I feel so sad for this JJC girl

Postby znzyzyzx » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:03 am

Today, I heard from my niece that one of her school mates in JJC was chosen to attend some oversea attachment programme. However she needed her current principal and the principal of her secondary school to sign on the registration form. She has no problem getting the signature from JJC principal, however when she went back to her secondary school to get the signature from the principal (a school in the west site, somewhere near lakeside MRT) , she was told that she does not have the calibre to go for that programme, and she was denied a signature. As a result, she lost the chance to go for the overseas attachment programme.

I felt so sad for her, and so angry with that principal. I will never let my kids go to that school.

znzyzyzx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby tutormum » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:12 am

who is she to judge? If the girl is chosen, she is more than qualified. You should name the school, just AXX will do. That principal doesn't have the calibre to be an educator. :x

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LKVM » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:19 am

thats so horrible how can principal deny it. She needs to sign and not say whether she can go or no :x

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby znzyzyzx » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:25 am

tutormum wrote:who is she to judge? If the girl is chosen, she is more than qualified. You should name the school, just AXX will do. That principal doesn't have the calibre to be an educator. :x

I think I better not name the school.
Last edited by znzyzyzx on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

znzyzyzx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby LKVM » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:26 am

znzyzyzx wrote:
tutormum wrote:who is she to judge? If the girl is chosen, she is more than qualified. You should name the school, just AXX will do. That principal doesn't have the calibre to be an educator. :x

It starts with the letter "F".

i guess then i understood which is this school i thought this school is good one :?

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby znzyzyzx » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:29 am

I was told that the girl did not tell her parents about it.May be she thinks that her parents are not able to help her, or she did not want to involve/bother her parents.

And when I think about it, if her parents are not as savvy as some of us here, they would probably not have the courage to fight for their daughter as well.

For example , if it happens to me , then my illiterate mother would not be able to fight for me. (of course if it happens to me, that would be many years ago)

znzyzyzx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby IJJ » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:36 am

In the first place, why the system needs approval from sec sch principal? :?

IJJ
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:57 am

IJJ wrote:In the first place, why the system needs approval from sec sch principal? :?

Precisely! That was my thought when I read the first post too! :x Stupid P ! :x
Last edited by Guest on Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby tree nymph » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:54 am

25hourmaid wrote:
IJJ wrote:In the first place, why the system needs approval from sec sch principal? :?

Precisely! That was my thought when I read the first post too! :x Stupid ! :x

Same thoughts!

So a student is labelled as not good enough no matter how she develop later? This gal must have done very well in JC to be recommended. Why need the 'approval' from the sec principal?

tree nymph
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Blobbi » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:50 am

25hourmaid wrote:

Precisely! That was my thought when I read the first post too! :x Stupid P ! :x

To think that the sec sch principal can reach out from the past to strangle someone's chances in life. What a sicko. :x :x

Can't blame her, but still, I wish this girl fought harder for support. What a truly sad incident.

Blobbi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time