NUSS - To join or Not to Join?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

NUSS - To join or Not to Join?

Postby Bronzy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:16 am

NUSS has recently been advertising on Radio and in the papers to encourage more members to join before the fees go up to $10K. Had heard that they were going to raise it last Nov 09 buts looks like it didn't happen. Just wanted to find out from other Kiasu parents who have joined NUSS or who have decided not to join on their view of whether To Join or Not to Join? The benefits appear to be limited to just dining and gym. Read about a pool but didn't see one the last time I was there. Any views to share?

Bronzy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tankee » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:28 am

If you stay or work near one of the NUSS facilities, and do not have any other club memberships, then yes.

Beside dinning and gym, there are interest groups like bowling, golf, tennis, etc and facilities like karaoke, pool, jackpot etc. And there are seminars, networking sessions, and holiday programme for childrens.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby mathsparks » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:29 am

I've never felt inclined to join as its inconvenient for me to get to any of their guildhouses. The only convenient one would be suntec but even then, just thinking of the parking is enuf to turn me off signing up.

And then there's the monthly subsc fees, which made me feel that if I dont at least drop by frequently enuf, its 不化算。

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schellen » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:33 pm

I can't be bothered. Same reasons as mathsparks except tt I don't even drive.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: NUSS - To join or Not to Join?

Postby westmom » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:10 pm

Bronzy wrote:NUSS has recently been advertising on Radio and in the papers to encourage more members to join before the fees go up to $10K. Had heard that they were going to raise it last Nov 09 buts looks like it didn't happen. Just wanted to find out from other Kiasu parents who have joined NUSS or who have decided not to join on their view of whether To Join or Not to Join? The benefits appear to be limited to just dining and gym. Read about a pool but didn't see one the last time I was there. Any views to share?

I heard there's a new wing that has just been constructed so facilities are newer. Yes, there is a pool. Join if you are staying close enough and you are sure you have the time to use the facilities at least once a week..family bonding etc We stay 10 mins drive away but cannot convince ourselves that we have the time to enjoy the facilities. Also dont want to get fat on trying to make use of the dining!

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Bronzy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:13 pm

Hi Tankee, Mathsparks and Schellen,
Thanks for your responses. Unlikely I would frequent the Guild House regularly for meals which is why I was trying to establish whether there was any other way to justify the subscription. Not bothered to join so far but rethink my position everytime I hear that the joining fees are going up!

Tankee,
You seem to be quite familiar with NUSS. Does having an interest group in golf mean that they have some affiliation with golf clubs ? Work quite near NUS but live on the other end of the island. Any idea of the type of holiday programs they have for kids?

Bronzy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: NUSS - To join or Not to Join?

Postby Bronzy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:16 pm

westmom wrote:
Bronzy wrote:NUSS has recently been advertising on Radio and in the papers to encourage more members to join before the fees go up to $10K. Had heard that they were going to raise it last Nov 09 buts looks like it didn't happen. Just wanted to find out from other Kiasu parents who have joined NUSS or who have decided not to join on their view of whether To Join or Not to Join? The benefits appear to be limited to just dining and gym. Read about a pool but didn't see one the last time I was there. Any views to share?

I heard there's a new wing that has just been constructed so facilities are newer. Yes, there is a pool. Join if you are staying close enough and you are sure you have the time to use the facilities at least once a week..family bonding etc We stay 10 mins drive away but cannot convince ourselves that we have the time to enjoy the facilities. Also dont want to get fat on trying to make use of the dining!

Hi Westmom,
Stay in the East so once a week most unlikely! Have a pool at my condo so will definitely not drive all the way over for swimming. As a matter of fact, hardly use our pool! Dining once or twice a month maybe..but if you stay 10 mins away and still think it's not worth it then...hmmm...

Bronzy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tankee » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:08 am

Bronzy wrote:...Tankee,
You seem to be quite familiar with NUSS. Does having an interest group in golf mean that they have some affiliation with golf clubs ? Work quite near NUS but live on the other end of the island. Any idea of the type of holiday programs they have for kids?

That's because I am a member and my DW a spouse member.

I do not play golf so I do not know what's their arrangement with golf clubs. But I do know that they are very actives, with competitions, lessons and even golfing trips overseas.

NUSS has regular kids programme. During school holidays, extra activities are organized to keep them occupied. Activities are wide-ranged and varied. For the coming Mar holidays, since it is only 1 week, there is only arts & craft workshop and a design your own super mario pc game workshop.

You can check out the details on the sports groups and social groups and calendar events here.

http://www.nuss.org.sg/web/Default.aspx

tankee
Site Admin

Postby LKVM » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:52 am

tankee wrote:That's because I am a member and my DW a spouse member.

waw soo good so wat activities do u do there?

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby carebear » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:04 pm

Can we sell the membership after we have bought it?
If so, how long must we wait before selling it?

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time