chinese romance books

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

chinese romance books

Postby LOLMum » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:34 pm

does any1here like to read chinese romance books or those japanese comics?

my friends dont but i have seen many ladies buying and reading these books in bookshops.

chinese romance books like "寻梦园","花园系列" etc.
japanese comics like "亲亲小淘气","恶作剧之吻","蜡笔小新"

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby smurf » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:39 pm

hmm, I used to read them...and I find that nowadays, can't find good stories leh.

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schellen » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:02 pm

I used to read the shoujo (young girl) Jap comics but got sick of the predictable plot. Then, I moved onto the shounen (young boy) kind of comics which has more action. As for Yi Shu, I only tried 2 of her books when I was in sec sch/JC but I guess it didn't last. Nowadays, I'll just switch between Jap comics/mags and Eng novels/non-fiction.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:52 pm

i love reading them and the movers got a fright :!: when they saw my huge collections. hubby made me throw away most of them. but got a good stack stashed away in my sis' house :P

i like 琼瑶and 岑凯伦 but not 严沁. but that was like 20 years ago. for the past 10 years, i like taiwanese writers like 席娟, 凌淑芬, 典心,古灵.

luckily i shipped them over with me as i cant find any here. now at least i have some chinese books to read. :lol:

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: chinese romance books

Postby mintcc » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:27 pm

LOLMum wrote:does any1here like to read chinese romance books or those japanese comics?

my friends dont but i have seen many ladies buying and reading these books in bookshops.

Read a few 琼瑶 when I am in my 16 or 18 but find the plots too cheesy for me (sorry琼瑶 fans ) Started resading 亦舒 because there is a column for her stories on the newspapers and kind of got hook for a while. I am not really into romance on novels at's why I prefer 亦舒 because her stories are really not very romantic.

Japanese Mangyis another story. Was absolutely into 流星花園, City Hunter, 尼罗河的女儿, and lesser known ones like Moon Child and Cipher.

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby cblai » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:26 pm

LOLMum wrote:does any1here like to read chinese romance books or those japanese comics?

I love "寻梦园","花园系列", read every night to as a release of daily stress.

cblai
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby STan » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:20 am

cblai wrote:

You can read these type of books online. FOC

STan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby LOLMum » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:59 pm

cblai wrote:

agree. :lol:

OMG, 尼罗河的女儿, have to give up halfway - too many books and sometimes couldnt get hold of a copy.

have these in my collection - slamdunk, 好小子, 天才小钓手,亲亲小淘气 and a few others

looking forward to collect more of the old times favourites.

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mathsparks » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:24 pm

I'm the jiakantang sort, the only names i recognise here is 蜡笔小新- my kids favorite while they were young. The only cartoon they watch, though I find shinchan quite rude and crude, but I bought around 40 vcds just so my kids could pick up chinese.

we were shocked to hear of the demise of the author recently.

hey lolmum, me hakka too. but donno much of the dialect other than sit pao mang which means eaten yet.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby LOLMum » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:05 am

mathsparks wrote:

I'm the jiakantang sort, the only names i recognise here is 蜡笔小新- my kids favorite while they were young. The only cartoon they watch, though I find shinchan quite rude and crude, but I bought around 40 vcds just so my kids could pick up chinese.

we were shocked to hear of the demise of the author recently.

hey lolmum, me hakka too. but donno much of the dialect other than sit pao mang which means eaten yet.

hehe, 蜡笔小新 is not that suitable for kids (pity though it has to end this way), try 三眼神童 or 金田一 or 柯南 vcds. there is another one which i like very much and definitely very suitable for kids "我们这一家" but unsure if the vcd/dvds are available in spore. all these shows are suitable for all ages.

100% hakka as you know...but too cocky when i was young thinking that my hubby (then boyfriend) didnt understand a word. so you can imagine the :!: he gave my sisters and i when he joined in our conversation. only my mum was delighted. dad was kinda like shucks cant gossip about him openly anymore. :scared:

LOLMum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time