Helicopter parents, you make life a living hell for teachers and it’s not helping your child

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
jchowsingchuy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: Helicopter parents, you make life a living hell for teachers and it’s not helping your child

Post by jchowsingchuy » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:40 pm

Teachers in the past became teachers because they have the passion. Teachers these days see their jobs as careers. My very best friend is an MOE teacher herself, and she told me that 'helicopter parents' are basically the street smart parents. The quiet polite ones? Those are the ones that boh-chap. There's no shame in pressing your teachers really, as long it's academic related.

Janet32
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: Helicopter parents, you make life a living hell for teachers and it’s not helping your child

Post by Janet32 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:29 am

jchowsingchuy wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:40 pm
Teachers in the past became teachers because they have the passion. Teachers these days see their jobs as careers. My very best friend is an MOE teacher herself, and she told me that 'helicopter parents' are basically the street smart parents. The quiet polite ones? Those are the ones that boh-chap. There's no shame in pressing your teachers really, as long it's academic related.
Good point! Some helicopter parents are just too much that the word respect no longer exist in their vocabulary.. these are the kind of people that needs more learning.

cyberette
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by cyberette » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:01 pm

So true.

Sheena8
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Sheena8 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:40 am

Lots of good points here, these needs to be shared esp to helicopter parents out there!

karenang749
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by karenang749 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:51 pm

"Parents need to educate their child to understand that education is a privilege and a luxury. Their child must realise that education is ultimately their own responsibility, and that if they want a good future they must put in the effort."

Very good point, I always remind this to my children whenever they complain about doing homework!