2019 National Day Goodie Bag

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
.zeit
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:6

Re: 2019 National Day Goodie Bag

Post by .zeit » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:27 pm

Why must collect NDP funpacks? I discarded the bags every time I got one. Only the SG50 tote bags were useful for grocery shopping and library raids, but those too had worn out and been discarded.

The things inside are useless to non-spectators. The coupons are unattractive to me. The bag this year isn't what I'd envisaged. Thought it'd be a Victorian satchel of sorts, with a pair of Raffles binoculars and Farquhar compass. Nothing so bicentennial at all.

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Davischew » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:35 pm

.zeit wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:27 pm
Why must collect NDP funpacks? I discarded the bags every time I got one. Only the SG50 tote bags were useful for grocery shopping and library raids, but those too had worn out and been discarded.

The things inside are useless to non-spectators. The coupons are unattractive to me. The bag this year isn't what I'd envisaged. Thought it'd be a Victorian satchel of sorts, with a pair of Raffles binoculars and Farquhar compass. Nothing so bicentennial at all.
Probably just for the fun of it since it’s a fun pack! Before we get it, we want it, after that, chey.... less than 10% useful

.zeit
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:6

Post by .zeit » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:41 pm

Davischew wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:35 pm
.zeit wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:27 pm

Probably just for the fun of it since it’s a fun pack! Before we get it, we want it, after that, chey.... less than 10% useful
More fun if the Bicentennial committee had included a Wolseley pith helmet and a foldable UV-protection Victorian parasol. They're not creative at all. lol.

But the modern canvas haversack is good for holding tuition files. And the bamboo straws are handy for KFC visits.

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:82

Post by zac's mum » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:50 pm

.zeit wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:22 pm
zac's mum wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:53 am
I think I’m like so desperate to get tickets every year, yet dunno anyone with the relevant links to secure tickets...
Go ballot? Or join as an NDP volunteer, but parents might be over the hill to be NDP motivators. Can try NDP mentors. haha

http://sgvolunteer.com/2019/04/national ... cruitment/
Yeah my whole family ballots for the NDP tickets every single year. Never got it ever. I had better luck balloting at phase 2C lol.

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Davischew » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:54 pm

zac's mum wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:50 pm
.zeit wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:22 pm
zac's mum wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:53 am
I think I’m like so desperate to get tickets every year, yet dunno anyone with the relevant links to secure tickets...
Go ballot? Or join as an NDP volunteer, but parents might be over the hill to be NDP motivators. Can try NDP mentors. haha

http://sgvolunteer.com/2019/04/national ... cruitment/
Yeah my whole family ballots for the NDP tickets every single year. Never got it ever. I had better luck balloting at phase 2C lol.
Haha 1 slot 2C easier. Try NDP 1 ticket see who lucky loh

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Davischew » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:18 pm

Collection from today till Friday. Qms 1st one to collect, so Kiasu haha

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor
Total Likes:14

Post by qms » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:26 pm

Davischew wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:18 pm

So, you second one to collect? You are not too bad either!

Davischew
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Davischew » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:50 pm

qms wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:26 pm
Davischew wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:18 pm

So, you second one to collect? You are not too bad either!
hahaha

missyqiqi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by missyqiqi » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:44 pm

Who needs the bag? I have extra, but no goodies inside LOL!

i'm lucky this year to get it. I ballot for a few years also finally got it through my eldest daughter.