Earthlings - Go Vegan

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Would you become a vegetarian?

I'm already am.
1
6%
I'm a part-vegan. (only if > 50% of your meals are veg)
8
50%
Perhaps in the future
2
13%
I love my meat, so not even in the future
5
31%
 
Total votes : 16

Earthlings - Go Vegan

Postby mathsparks » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:59 pm

Received a booklet (The Survival of the World is in Your Hands) and dvd (SOS) in the mail last week. The booklet contains a summary of the climate crisis, how going vegan can save our planet and vegan recipes.

And the DVD's message is Be Vegan. Go Green. Save our Planet.

The most impactful came from a link provided - www.earthlings.com which features the full-length documentary about how animals are mistreated in the various industries just so we can have our pets, leather and steak.

Be warned though, some scenes are very graphic and disturbing. You can also watch it on youtube, just search earthlings.

Part1 food - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2AidmmUQIk
Part2 food - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWMSdt8QVHU&NR=1
Part3 food - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqS7cmAU_2w
Pets - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QxYhEVcnBY
Clothes - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6focrCm1rI

Going vegan is easy for me since I already don't eat meat at breakfast and lunch. Perhaps it's difficult to be a complete vegan, but I'll spare a thought to the cruel treatment the animal has endured when I next sink my teeth into a carcass.

Even if you can't go vegan fully, perhaps 1 day a week is a good start, not just for the animals but for your health and planet earth too.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2825
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:27 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby Full.Cream » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:53 am

vegan is an even stricter form of vegetarian which they don't even take eggs and dairy products.

Full.Cream
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:47 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby mathsparks » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:01 pm

Thanks full.cream for reminding me. I'd forgotten that cheese=cows+methane gas, eggs=battery chicken+cruelty.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2825
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:27 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby fussyMummy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:02 am

Hi,

I received the booklet (The Survival of the World is in Your Hands) and dvd (SOS) only yesterday...

Just wonder how many of us, will really read and care all these? :( :stupid:

fussyMummy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Earthlings - Go Vegan

Postby fussyMummy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:13 am

mathsparks wrote:Even if you can't go vegan fully, perhaps 1 day a week is a good start, not just for the animals but for your health and planet earth too.



I try to start 1 day a week... :pray:

Current habit is only "puasa" half a day during 1st and 15th Day of Chinese Calendar .. for religion ...

Another new year resolution. :wink:

fussyMummy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:05 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: Earthlings - Go Vegan

Postby BlurBee » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:58 am

fussyMummy wrote:I try to start 1 day a week... :pray:

Current habit is only "puasa" half a day during 1st and 15th Day of Chinese Calendar .. for religion ...

Another new year resolution. :wink:

Good start, fussyMummy.

I also eating half day on every 初一,十五. Now increased to at least 10-half day (十斋日 for Buddhism).
I will also keep on trying.

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 7305
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:28 am
Total Likes: 1


Postby Muffins » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:08 am

I'm already vegan, except I eat milk and dairy products. My mum told me eveytime you eat a carcass, you also eat the poo, pee and waste materials inside, and you eat the blood, and if the animal you eat is infected with something, you could catch the disease and fall very sick.....

Muffins
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2193
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:28 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby Funz » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:18 am

Muffins wrote:I'm already vegan, except I eat milk and dairy products. My mum told me eveytime you eat a carcass, you also eat the poo, pee and waste materials inside, and you eat the blood, and if the animal you eat is infected with something, you could catch the disease and fall very sick.....


In this case, you are not a vegan. You are a vegetarian. Vegans do not eat any animal produce and that includes milk, eggs and honey.

Actually you are also eating poo, pee and waste material when you eat only plants cos animal wastes are used as fertilizers. :siam:

Ok ok. teasing you. It is commendable that a youngster like you are able to keep to you vegetarian diet. Especially what with all the fastfoods and junk foods everywhere.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 10820
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm
Total Likes: 318


Postby fussyMummy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:41 pm

Funz wrote:In this case, you are not a vegan. You are a vegetarian. Vegans do not eat any animal produce and that includes milk, eggs and honey.




huh... honey also cant ??? :?

:stupid:

fussyMummy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby LKVM » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:46 pm

fussyMummy wrote:
Funz wrote:In this case, you are not a vegan. You are a vegetarian. Vegans do not eat any animal produce and that includes milk, eggs and honey.




huh... honey also cant ??? :?

:stupid:


Yeah lor also comes out of the insect leh

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14884
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:12 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Recess Time