Total Likes:186

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Updates

Post by pirate » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:57 pm

Nebbermind wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:41 pm
lee_yl wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:28 pm
Geylang? :?
This one in Geylang. Cisco is just a stone throw away from Geylang.
Jadedfox wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:02 pm
What mainsteam media didn't dare mention: case no. 12 & 18 were PRC prostitutes

I recently called my good buddy and old RI classmate (who is now a somebody in MOH) to vent my frustration and anger on the miserable state of affairs surrounding the current spread of the coronavirus. Funnily he said the people at MOH weren't at fault; rather it was no thanks to ICA and MOM who allowed all them PRC Wuhan virus carriers to travel here. He told me case #12 was a f**king prostitute from Wuhan who fled the city just before it got shut off from the outside world. ICA had apparently let in all these folks from Wuhan by the planeloads. Anyways back to this whore, she was staying in Hotel 81 and other hotels servicing god knows how many men. At least 2 of her clients caught the virus from her. One of them turned out to be the Bangladeshi whom the authorities tried to blame for his visit to Mustafa.

More at https://tinyurl.com/sqh5zgw
Wah liao eh! This kind of 'my anonymous friend who is VVIP in some government department says MOM got issue special work permit called "P-Pass" for prostitutes...' you also spread around. Lagi worse than virus. :faint: Please lah, one super spreader in KSP is already enough. You dun have to join in the community transmission. When you see "tinyurl" you should already know it comes from a contaminated source.

floppy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:253

Post by floppy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:35 pm

pirate wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:57 pm
Nebbermind wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:41 pm
lee_yl wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:28 pm
Geylang? :?
This one in Geylang. Cisco is just a stone throw away from Geylang.
Jadedfox wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:02 pm
What mainsteam media didn't dare mention: case no. 12 & 18 were PRC prostitutes

I recently called my good buddy and old RI classmate (who is now a somebody in MOH) to vent my frustration and anger on the miserable state of affairs surrounding the current spread of the coronavirus. Funnily he said the people at MOH weren't at fault; rather it was no thanks to ICA and MOM who allowed all them PRC Wuhan virus carriers to travel here. He told me case #12 was a f**king prostitute from Wuhan who fled the city just before it got shut off from the outside world. ICA had apparently let in all these folks from Wuhan by the planeloads. Anyways back to this whore, she was staying in Hotel 81 and other hotels servicing god knows how many men. At least 2 of her clients caught the virus from her. One of them turned out to be the Bangladeshi whom the authorities tried to blame for his visit to Mustafa.

More at https://tinyurl.com/sqh5zgw
Wah liao eh! This kind of 'my anonymous friend who is VVIP in some government department says MOM got issue special work permit called "P-Pass" for prostitutes...' you also spread around. Lagi worse than virus. :faint: Please lah, one super spreader in KSP is already enough. You dun have to join in the community transmission. When you see "tinyurl" you should already know it comes from a contaminated source.
I believe leh.

My neighbor’s son’s schoolmate’s father’s best friend’s girlfriend regularly patron a coffeehouse. The barista’s boyfriend’s former classmate’s uncle work in a secret government lab and he hear-say from his colleague’s whose boyfriend is a high flyer in another secret government department that this is true.

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:42

Re: Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) Updates

Post by MyPillow » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:51 pm

Coronavirus: 300 evacuated from MBFC Tower 3 after confirmed case at DBS Asia Central

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ ... %3A02%3A08

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:14

Post by Coolkidsrock2 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:54 pm

Nebbermind wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:50 am
lee_yl wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:39 pm
Coincidentally he works at Certis Cisco Centre in Paya Lebar. The Life church which infected 5 others, is also situated in Paya Lebar. “Lockdown” Paya Lebar? Just joking.
Extend to Geylang too? Since it is now a cluster according to the post above.
And financial sector too?

.zeit
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:19

Post by .zeit » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:01 pm

MyPillow wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:51 pm
Coronavirus: 300 evacuated from MBFC Tower 3 after confirmed case at DBS Asia Central

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/ ... %3A02%3A08
This level 43rd tenant employee is Case # what? Article only mentioned RWS Msian guy and 2nd Bangladeshi worker.

.zeit
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by .zeit » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:12 pm

pirate wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:57 pm
COVID-19 doesn't respect profession, passport, race, lang or religion. Read Chinese newspapers for more scoops. Since 31 Jan, I've been waiting for news on these 2 men, as I didn't understand why they could not leave the hotel for our GQF.

曾入住Home Suite View Hotel

第12名病患曾经入住的Home Suite View Hotel,酒店内有两名男子正在客房内隔离

《联合早报》昨晚9时许走访该病患曾在芽笼一带入住的两间酒店时,Home Suite View Hotel的柜台工作人员已经戴上口罩和护目镜。

不愿具名的工作人员透露,酒店电脑系统中并没有这名37岁女性的入住记录,但卫生部昨天上午曾经通过电话通知酒店,指
这两名男性住客曾和她有密切接触,需要他们在房内隔离。

据知,这两名住客是在27日搬进Home Suite View Hotel。

工作人员也说:“卫生部每小时都会打电话来检查他们是否还在房内。”

至于第12名病患曾经入住的另一间酒店Hotel 81 Princess,柜台工作人员没有戴上防护装备,也表示不愿置评。

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapo ... 31-1025004

.zeit
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by .zeit » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:12 pm

Sometime mid-Jan, many of my friends from HK were already carting masks from pharmacies in Taiwan, Japan and Indonesia where they were touring. My HK friend bought 4,000 masks from Jakarta distributor and another bought 1,000 masks from various Taipei pharmacies. That was around 18-19 Jan. Talk abt 快手快脚. Their heightened sense of preparedness was contagious, so I also bought more masks in CBD pharmacies for my relatives to wear to TPE, while retaining a few for my family. Those in the PRC biz network would have known that several new immigrants, PRs & tourists here were already raising funds & buying in bulk from local distributors to be shipped back to China.

Not sure if our govt was aware of such early warning signs, i.e. the underground panic-buying of masks from mid-Jan to 30 Jan? Our govt still generously released 5 million masks over 9 days from 21-30 Jan to retail pharmacies, which to me was a mistake as PRC/HK tourists & 30-day business visa holders had not left our territory yet. They were the ones buying masks and hand sanitisers while SCs were busy with reunion hotpots & visitations.

Rationing by NRIC is something the govt needs to look into in their AAR months later.

There's a severe global shortage of masks now. Monday, workers have returned to work in China and they've gone full throttle to mass produce masks. Some factories such as Foxconn have refitted their production lines to produce masks instead of their usual products. Military personnel in Taiwan and innates in HK have all been roped in to help produce masks.

I think we need to learn from these other places and have contingency plans to flexibly convert small light factories into makeshift surgical mask factories in an outbreak. I know we have Innosparks producing Air+ smart masks but those are currently useless in blocking out COVID-19. When they reiterate we have enough masks, I think they meant the 16 million N95 masks for haze as well as an unknown no. of surgical masks just enough for our frontline healthcare workers, public transport workers and frontline staff serving quarantine orders or disinfecting premises. Hearsay from sources we have placed large orders but that will take months to deliver and this pandemic is not going to end till summer.

So let's use our precious masks wisely, like only when we enter a crowded lift or commute in a small vehicle. And OLs please stop chitter-chattering and spitting droplets in the enclosed lift. Since SARS 2003, I've been using my knuckle to press lift buttons, toilet flush, bus buzzers, even during 'clean' times!

If you don't have that many at home, preserve the not so dirty ones in a Ziploc bag after folding the inner white side inwards to prevent contaminating your Ziploc bag. Dr Leong Hoe Nam, an infectious disease expert at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, even suggested putting a clean (food, I suppose?) desiccant inside to dehumidify the bag.

Don't put on lipstick or lipgloss, BB cream/foundation or moisturiser for the time being. Use Pigeon gentle baby wet wipes or make up remover wet wipes to wipe-clean your mouth/chin/nose area, so you don't waste masks.

Going forward, we should educate every Singaporean to wear a mask when they are having a cold, cough or fever. Most Japs, Taiwanese and Hongkongers have a few dozens or so surgical masks at home, yet that's still not enough as PRC tourists, celebrities and philanthropists have snapped them up for the epicentre.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:58

Post by MrsKiasu » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:27 pm

:yikes: :sweat: geylang got durian also..can buy home to kneel on the shell.

Jadedfox
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:7

Post by Jadedfox » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:33 pm

DBS Group Holdings Ltd. has evacuated 300 employees from an office floor in the heart of Singapore’s financial district after one of its workers tested positive for the coronavirus.

Southeast Asia’s biggest bank has told the staff members on Level 43 at Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3 to work from home for the time being, according to an internal memo seen by Bloomberg. A DBS representative confirmed the contents of the memo and said the bank is preparing a statement.

“This is indeed unfortunate and we will be providing our colleague and his family every support and guidance during this period,” the bank said in the document. The lender is “conducting detailed contact tracing to ensure that those who have been in close contact with the staff member are informed,” it said.

The coronavirus had already been detected in Singapore’s financial district earlier this week, prompting some companies to send workers home and temperature screening checkpoints to be set up at the entrances of several towers. A worker at an unnamed firm in Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 1 was confirmed as being infected with the virus over the weekend.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... oronavirus