Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) Updates

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:38

Re: Corona Virus Disease (COVID-19) Updates

Post by starlight1968sg » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:13 pm

I do hope the covid testing can be offered to essential service workers ...

SeongheeKim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:12

Post by SeongheeKim » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:06 pm

In celebration of Labour Day, you can donate-a-meal to a frontline worker!
For just $6, someone will enjoy a freshly cooked hot meal, on you and on us!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_gx5eGnOwg/

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:110

Post by Estéema » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:14 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:13 pm
I do hope the covid testing can be offered to essential service workers ...
I’m hope they will. :xedfingers:

This thing on testing is useful when one exhibit symptom to confirm. If tested too early, even those asymptotic does not show up. So far, seems the elderlies & those with pre-existing complications are high risks group.

The doc’s are quickly testing to segregate infected FW and not fast enuf to complete >300K FW so isolate them for 2 weeks to hopefully complete as many & so far those found infected are young & strong to overcome the infection.

We shld be very watchful those in our community. We do hv quite a number of FW living outside dorms & if the authorities can consider isolate them away fr the main community. Hope to see the numbers for SC/PRs to drop further hopefully to zero.

Take care. Don’t get too stressed owise our immunity can be compromised once we’re too anxious & stressed

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:333

Post by phtthp » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:05 am

Psychological services now become "essential" service, during Circuit breaker

https://mustsharenews.com/psychological-services/

6thisnthat9
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:14

Post by 6thisnthat9 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:15 am

kimberlyleeforever wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:39 pm
SINGAPORE — Exercising and dog walking are not permitted within the common areas of condominiums as part of measures to help curb the spread of Covid-19, the Building and Construction Authority (BCA) said on Tuesday (April 28).

Singapore is currently undergoing a "circuit breaker" period to help prevent further spread of the coronavirus. People are urged to stay home as much as possible, although they can go out for essential activities and exercise.

In response to CNA's queries, the BCA said residents may exercise or walk their dogs in public areas that are freely accessible, but not in condominiums' common areas.

"These public areas could be any public path, a green or an open space that is managed or maintained for the Government or a public body, and is accessible to the general public without payment of any fee," the authority said.

Read more at https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/n ... -areas-bca
Oh, those living in condo cannot use their common stairs to exercise even. Sweat.

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:42

Post by MyPillow » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:49 pm

someone told me ,sch may get grad students back during May Sch holidays for Supp classes...
I thought it is still CB period though sch holis , why risk the students n teachers to go back n mingle ?
we all know, taking temp is not effective since this covid illness early stage show no symtoms n can still shed virus to spread,,,

how true is this going back for lesson?

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:186

Post by zac's mum » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:24 pm

MyPillow wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:49 pm
someone told me ,sch may get grad students back during May Sch holidays for Supp classes...
I thought it is still CB period though sch holis , why risk the students n teachers to go back n mingle ?
we all know, taking temp is not effective since this covid illness early stage show no symtoms n can still shed virus to spread,,,

MyPillow, are any of your kids in the graduating batch?

MOE (OYK) mentioned this in his press release regarding bringing forward the school hols to May. Possibility of going back to school for supp lessons, for P6, S4, JC2 aka graduating batch of kids only. And depending on the number of new cases situation.

So far, I haven’t heard any primary schools confirm any supp lessons in May for the PSLE kids. Maybe they are all still thinking about it.

Read an interesting article study last week, France did a trace of one 9-year-old kid who caught Covid19 at the ski resort in France (virus brought there by one British expat who attended the Grand Hyatt conference cluster, then flew off for his ski holiday after that)...the study mentioned that the kid mixed around in 3 different kids’ clubs (drop-off childcare at the ski resorts) zero social distancing measures, but never passed on his Covid19 virus to any other kids, not even his own siblings.

Add on to this, the fact that the kids in SG who fell ill from Covid19, every single one of time caught the infection from their own adult family members, not from school or tuition centres or playgrounds, I think it is relatively safe to conclude that kids won’t catch Covid from other kids. There seems to be some immunity that kids have among themselves. I believe MOH has the data and case history/links to support this.

Article: https://www.straitstimes.com/world/euro ... oronavirus

Estéema
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:110

Post by Estéema » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:28 pm

zac's mum wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:24 pm
MyPillow wrote:

MyPillow, are any of your kids in the graduating batch?

MOE (OYK) mentioned this in his press release regarding bringing forward the school hols to May. Possibility of going back to school for supp lessons, for P6, S4, JC2 aka graduating batch of kids only. And depending on the number of new cases situation.

So far, I haven’t heard any primary schools confirm any supp lessons in May for the PSLE kids. Maybe they are all still thinking about it.

Read an interesting article study last week, France did a trace of one 9-year-old kid who caught Covid19 at the ski resort in France (virus brought there by one British expat who attended the Grand Hyatt conference cluster, then flew off for his ski holiday after that)...the study mentioned that the kid mixed around in 3 different kids’ clubs (drop-off childcare at the ski resorts) zero social distancing measures, but never passed on his Covid19 virus to any other kids, not even his own siblings.

Add on to this, the fact that the kids in SG who fell ill from Covid19, every single one of time caught the infection from their own adult family members, not from school or tuition centres or playgrounds, I think it is relatively safe to conclude that kids won’t catch Covid from other kids. There seems to be some immunity that kids have among themselves. I believe MOH has the data and case history/links to support this.

Article: https://www.straitstimes.com/world/euro ... oronavirus
zac’s mum :thankyou: for sharing. This is comforting to look at data tracks on children.

6thisnthat9
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:14

Post by 6thisnthat9 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:49 pm

MyPillow wrote:

If it's only for P6, it is still possible to cater for it safely like how Denmark is doing. So MOE is giving sch the choice to support the kids if needed.
The kids can be seated farther apart from 40 in a class to 20 in a class, sch has more classrooms to do that. But of course, subj teachers have to make adjustments too.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:333

Post by phtthp » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:35 pm

MyPillow wrote:

One Mainstream P6 class, how many students ?
40 ?

Since CB enforced "social distancing", definitely cannot let 40 students sit together in one physical classroom anymore.

Should spread out these 40 students to sit in 2 different, separate classroom. 40 divided by 2, means each classroom accomodate maximum only 20 students, with an adjacent table marked "x", means cannot sit, like what we see at the hawker centre now. And every P6 student to wear face mask, when going back to school this May holiday, for some last minute "face-to-face" Supplementary lesson, just in time for PSLE.

Depend on how the Teacher want to arrange these supp lessons. If Tr want only weak students to attend, then maybe no need whole class to turn up. Maybe out of 40 students, Tr may identify maybe 10 to 15 students, to come back. Those whom Tr think really need help

"Face-to-face " : easier to clarify doubts

If use zoom online to conduct Supp, harder lah, because

sometimes u may want to show Tr that u dont quite understand from this graph or that graph, especially OE or MCQ questions for Science that contain graph. The Tr would prefer to see how the graph look like, before can answee students' questions
Last edited by phtthp on Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.