Mobile phones ...Can you leave home without it?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Mobile phones ...Can you leave home without it?

Postby auntieM » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:26 pm

How attached are you to your hps?
Some have more than one, some have to bring them along when they shower...
Can you 'tahan' without hp?

:celebrate:

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby tankee » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:33 pm

my job requires me to be contactable 24x7 ... thus my mobilephone is alway ON and nearby. But not to the extend of bringing it to the bathroom ... :lol: :lol:

tankee
Site Admin

Postby LKVM » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:48 pm

err I am ok if I dont carry everywhere... I can check my miss calls and call back if required.. :P

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:57 pm

I hold 2 mobile. One for business and one for personal. I feel insecure without my business hp.

I used to switch off my mobile before going to bed. But now I switch it on 24/7 after an incident. School bus uncle calling my mobile after he didn't see my girl waiting for his bus and the entire house is still dark. That's a good wake up call as my maid and girl were still sleeping when the school bus was here :x It happened again yesterday and my maid claimed that she don't know what happened to the alarm clock :wrongmove:

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schellen » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:14 pm

i used to be bochap abt my hp but after getting chided a few times by family members for not keeping phone nearby and checking regularly, i've now gotten used to bringing it wherever i go, even ard my home since i took the home phone off the hook due to too many telemarketers calling. now tt i nurse my baby very often, i can't answer calls on the home phone anyway. like MMM, i had a few incidents too, namely, the ballet sch calling me up to tell me tt class had been cancelled as the teacher was sick or DD1's sch calling me up when she wasn't feeling well or was hurt.

auntieM, what about you? :D

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:59 pm

When still in the corporate world, yah, feel very insecure without my phone and cannot go a day without checking my emails as well. Even on vacation, I will have pushmail service and also still take business calls. At mealtimes, the phone will be on the table beside me and I will take calls that come in.

Now, won't bother to turn back for my phone if I forget it. And if the phone rings at mealtime with my family, I cut it off.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby MMM » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:11 pm

... .talk about telemarketers. There are just so many calls from them these days. From credit card, insurance, yoga, beauty services, etc... :spank: It's quite irritating.

Currently, if I see a unknown number, I would just cut it off. But headhunters have unknown numbers too. Anyway I am not looking around and I assume that if they are really looking for me, they would leave me a message for a return call. BUT.... unknown number can also be from public phone when kid is calling from school :!: I cut off dd1 twice this week and she was like.... I called you but you didn't answer. I was like can you call my business hp. I gathered that these co. source the number from the banks.

Yes funz... corporate world is such. I feel insecure if I've a missed call from some foreign number or worst my dotted line boss. Luckily my solid line boss is in US so not likely for him to call me due to time difference. Email is another... tendancy to check emails so luckily I don't have a blackberry otherwise i would look at it ALL the time. I am a email fanatic and I like to clear all my emails.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby auntieM » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:48 pm

I turn off hp on Fri nites cause one Ah Mah always wrong number on Sat mornings :x
Carry hp around during DS class times in case school calls.. ..
Kena rush to school few times cause he fell down :P

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby jedamum » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:12 pm

what is worse than leaving home without a handphone? leaving home with a handphone that has a flat battery.
the last time my handphone's battery went flat whilst i was on a bus home and stuck in a traffic jam, i had >10 missed calls and smses within 30min.....mostly from dh who thought something bad happened to me - my last sms was 'boarded the bus', but journey was delayed due to the jam.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LKVM » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:14 pm

jedamum wrote:what is worse than leaving home without a handphone? leaving home with a handphone that has a flat battery.
the last time my handphone's battery went flat whilst i was on a bus home and stuck in a traffic jam, i had >10 missed calls and smses within 30min.....mostly from dh who thought something bad happened to me - my last sms was 'boarded the bus', but journey was delayed due to the jam.

hey jedamum ur hubby very loving and caring leh :love:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time