New ezlink passion card

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

New ezlink passion card

Postby amylqf » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:45 pm

Thought below news might benefit to parents who use cc facility and likes to shop at supermarket:

I just went pass the Giant supermarket today. There is a booth there to register for the new program - Passion ez-link card.

It is the replacement of the old passion card that you can:
- earn points at fairprice plus supermarket, and other defined shop..
The link point is not longer available after March 31, 2010.
- get rebate and CC.

The new card has two features, both ezlink card and link point rebate card.

- You can shop and earn point at Giant (my favorite supermarket, visit at least once a week), cold storage, guardian, marketplace, shop n save).
- each $1 spent =$1 point, get 150 point to redeem $1 value rebate.
- The card is valid for 5 years, @$15. Now promotion at only $12.
- get discount from CC classes
- existing passion card member can upgrade to the new card with cheaper rate, but no free gift though.

My old passion card expired. My husband still have old passion card left for 1 year. but he won't use CC facility anyway. I decides to sign up not because of the free gift, it is because my child has enrichment at CC and I shop at Giant often.
Besides Giant allow to use credit card to pay for the bill (also can collect point from the credit card company), so collect point from both side, hehe....

The only thing is that they need 2 months to process the application and mail out the card..

by the way, you can register at any CC.

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby caroline3sg » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:17 pm

I didn't sign up for new passion card as need to pay for it. Instead, I switch to OCBC NTUC debit card to earn points as I always shop at NTUC. The only inconvenience is the transfer of funds from POSB and also keep track of balance in OCBC NTUC Fairprice account.

I also have NETS cashcard and SMART card (don't know for what purpose) mailed to me. I didn't use them.

I find all these cards redundant. We have our usual EZlink card; why need NETS cashard for MRT travel or Passion EZlink card.

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:20 pm

Any idea what should existing passion card holder who hasn't change to the new card do???? Go to nearest CC?

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schellen » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:10 pm

Mine is a supplementary old PAssion card. Expiry date is next year. sashimi changed his to the new one but we decided not to change mine since I hardly use it. So can I still use mine till it expires? (i know mine cannot be used to collect points at NTUC anymore.)

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby amylqf » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:41 pm

MMM wrote:Any idea what should existing passion card holder who hasn't change to the new card do???? Go to nearest CC?

you can choose to keep the old card until expire or get a new card with cheaper price at your nearest CC

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby minnie2004 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:45 pm

caroline3sg wrote:I didn't sign up for new passion card as need to pay for it. Instead, I switch to OCBC NTUC debit card to earn points as I always shop at NTUC. The only inconvenience is the transfer of funds from POSB and also keep track of balance in OCBC NTUC Fairprice account.

I also have NETS cashcard and SMART card (don't know for what purpose) mailed to me. I didn't use them.

I find all these cards redundant. We have our usual EZlink card; why need NETS cashard for MRT travel or Passion EZlink card.

Yes there are too many redundant cards and sometimes quite confusing. I recently received a "Max" card which I think is to replace the old passion card to collect LinkPoints. However, I already have an OCBC NTUC visa card so I give that Max card to my maid when she goes shopping at fairprice.

I also received a "Nets Flashpay" card, the back side looks like an EZlink card but w/o the word "EZlink" printed on it. I have no idea what it is and why it's sent to me.

I still switched to the new Passion card though mainly for the discounts at CC classes. Recently found out I can collect points at Cold Storage & Giant so it's an added benefit.

minnie2004
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby amylqf » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:51 pm

for those who don't use CC and those supermarket above, or don't care about the free gift, no need to apply the the card- add in extra bulk in the purse.

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby caroline3sg » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:23 am

minnie2004 wrote:Yes there are too many redundant cards and sometimes quite confusing. I recently received a "Max" card which I think is to replace the old passion card to collect LinkPoints. However, I already have an OCBC NTUC visa card so I give that Max card to my maid when she goes shopping at fairprice.

I also received a "Nets Flashpay" card, the back side looks like an EZlink card but w/o the word "EZlink" printed on it. I have no idea what it is and why it's sent to me.

I still switched to the new Passion card though mainly for the discounts at CC classes. Recently found out I can collect points at Cold Storage & Giant so it's an added benefit.

You are correct.

I only buy beef from Cold Storage so it is not worthwhile to renew Passion card. Also, never go for CC classes.

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby fussyMummy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:00 pm

Hi,

I received a MAX linkpoints card by mail yesterday, mentioned that is an extended for continue to earn point at NTUC as per previous Passion Link card . :?

www.linkpoints.com.sg

fussyMummy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby amylqf » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:23 pm

fussyMummy wrote:Hi,

I received a MAX linkpoints card by mail yesterday, mentioned that is an extended for continue to earn point at NTUC as per previous Passion Link card . :?

www.linkpoints.com.sg

really? they told me that the last day for accumulate point from ntuc is end on March 31.

amylqf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time