will u put ur kids in separate pri schools?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

will u put ur kids in separate pri schools?

Postby pink_daisy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:21 pm

hi all,

will u put ur kids in separate pri schools? my elder one is in a pri school which is between 1- 2km. the school is not of my choice. my gal will b in p1 soon n thinking of applying her for a school just right downstairs, resulting in the sliblings in 2 separate schools. anyone has any experience to share? tx.

pink_daisy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tankee » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:27 pm

if you have good logistics support, then should not be much of a concern.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:37 pm

People with a boy and girl and want to opt for non co-ed schools will put their children in different schools. For your case, being in different schools can be an advantage if you do not like the first one, because once your second one is in the new school, you can ask for a transfer based on siblings priority. It actually works out better for you.

Postby Funz » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:37 pm

ehh... me loh.

Am and old girls so DD went to my former Pr school. Hassle free and near our house summore.

Umm.. 2nd kid is a son so now cracking my head over his school options.

What is the possibility of transferring the older one once the 2nd one is in that school?

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby LKVM » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:44 pm

Why not, specially when the 1st one is not of ur choice and if the 2nd one is of ur choice and u have resource to take and put them its ok lah :wink:

LKVM
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby peterch » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi....

My kids are in 2 different primary school as they were placed by MOE earlier this year.

I know it's quite troublesome for my wife to do arrangement for both kids especially when they have the same school hours. :( But so far they been doing good, although I've tried to move my DS to my DD's school but stopped halfway :)

Let me tell u the good things that we've never realized before. They are more matured and fight less as they are less being together and they could share things that happened in their school. :D

peterch
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby pink_daisy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:49 am

but if they r in the same school, the older one can sorta 'lookout' for the younger one.. haiz..even before they start formal schooling, we r already worrying tis n tat..

pink_daisy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby MMM » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:52 am

My 2 older kids are in the same school. But I've contemplated thoughts of sending my 3rd child to another school. She will be registering in 2011 and it's probably too late now to try to go for PV, SHHK etc... to increase our chance under 1km. So I am putting her to the same school.

Hubby also contemplated sending the boy to saints school and girls to convent school and I was like NO NO NO....

One of my key concerns is that with kids in the same school, you know how the school works. Eg. scope of examination, system,etc... so you already have the experience and it's easy to apply the knowledge. I am seeing that synergy for my P3 and P2.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schellen » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:21 pm

If we move, then we can't send DD2 to the same school as DD1. If not, we'll consider sending DD2 to the same school since it's nearby and we have no major gripes about DD1's school as yet. I can foresee that P1 registration will get worse in the future so I'd rather skip that and register DD2 via Phase 2 (DD1 and DD2 are almost 8 years apart.)

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby titank » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Same here , I also have a thought to send my DD to CHIJ (Kellock) where my DS in Radin Mas Primary. Both of them are located in the same vicinity.

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time