All About Ballet

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.
Post Reply
eric3700
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 26,

Re: All About Ballet

Post by eric3700 » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:07 pm

Is this thread still active? I’m keen to find a ballet school for my girl who is currently 26 months. Was told that earliest will be next year jan to enrol her. We currently let her dance at home to tracks based around bpm at Getsongbpm. Was thinking of dancepointe (Anchorvale cc), trudance (Sengkang cc) and ballet music and dance (Seletar Mall) as it’s nearer to home. Any recommendation which is better? TIA!
Last edited by eric3700 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeeLee2018
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Aug 06,

Re: All About Ballet

Post by LeeLee2018 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:33 am

Hi anyone knows of good Hip Hop school? My boy of 8 years is keen to join.

xyun08
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 19,

Re: All About Ballet

Post by xyun08 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:59 pm

Hi may I know if the girls need to bun their hair up if they take up ballet ? My girl plainly refuses to have anything on her head for Long ... sigh .
Anyone is at Dancepointe Seletar or Bishan or All That Jazz Academy ?

I also heard about Melody Bears , any reviews on that? It is so confusing to me now . Thanks for the tips

kylene
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 396
Joined: Fri Jul 03,
Total Likes:1

Re: All About Ballet

Post by kylene » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:49 am

Hi, does anyone have experience with training for ballet competition like Get the beat? If so, don’t mind can pm me or share your experience ? Thanks !

kylene
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 396
Joined: Fri Jul 03,
Total Likes:1

Re: All About Ballet

Post by kylene » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:16 am

Hi,does anyone have a ballet barre at home ?


JJ1111
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Posts: 925
Joined: Wed Oct 03,
Total Likes:8

Re: All About Ballet

Post by JJ1111 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:34 am

kylene wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:16 am
Hi,does anyone have a ballet barre at home ?
Nope. Why need ballet barre at home?

eoh
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jul 13,

Re: All About Ballet

Post by eoh » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:32 pm

Any reviews on dancepointe?? I am looking at the Seletar branch

zac's mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 2327
Joined: Tue Jan 03,
Total Likes:38

Re: All About Ballet

Post by zac's mum » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:52 pm

JJ1111 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:34 am
kylene wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:16 am
Hi,does anyone have a ballet barre at home ?
Nope. Why need ballet barre at home?
I have seen some condos’ multipurpose room/gym room have it. Not sure whether can install within own house (landed or private apartment). If u need a contractor’s contact I can help you ask my friend, she opened her own ballet studio, did the reno from scratch etc.

Maybe it is useful for daily stretching?

JJ1111
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Posts: 925
Joined: Wed Oct 03,
Total Likes:8

Re: All About Ballet

Post by JJ1111 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:54 am

zac's mum wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:52 pm
JJ1111 wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:34 am
kylene wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:16 am
Hi,does anyone have a ballet barre at home ?
Nope. Why need ballet barre at home?
I have seen some condos’ multipurpose room/gym room have it. Not sure whether can install within own house (landed or private apartment). If u need a contractor’s contact I can help you ask my friend, she opened her own ballet studio, did the reno from scratch etc.

Maybe it is useful for daily stretching?
Yap. My condo, there is a dance room with Barre and BIG mirror. But they charged $10.70 per hour. We only rented twice for my girl to do choreograph for her school cca dance. For practicing of her ballet, she hold on the "cupboard", "wall", "window" etc.

kylene
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Posts: 396
Joined: Fri Jul 03,
Total Likes:1

Re: All About Ballet

Post by kylene » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:25 am

Oh I was looking for those portable barre . My DD wants to practise at home

Post Reply