All About Violin Classes and Teachers

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.
Angelalim
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Violin Classes and Teachers

Post by Angelalim » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:25 am

zac's mum wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:57 pm
norimay wrote:Hi Zac's Mum - may I ask how old was your child when he indicated his interest to learn the violin?
I hear its quite a difficult instrument to learn at a young age
He was 7 then. But it was not his first instrument. He had been learning piano for 4 whole years prior to that.

Well personally I find violin more difficult than piano. But sometimes if there is 默契 (afffinity) between the instrument and the child, that matters a lot too. Young kids (preschoolers) may find it difficult to focus on getting the proper body and hand posture for violin. Or difficult to produce a clear sound on the correct string at the correct time. Compared to piano where you just press the note and ta-da you get the immediate satisfaction of the sound. But to each his own. My boy loves violin much more than piano despite all this logic :lol:
Hai great to heard that , May I know what’s the violin teacher your boy doing with ? Can pm me ? Thank you

Dawn Ng
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Dawn Ng » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:23 pm

Hi, I’m looking for violin teacher for my son. Staying at Jurong West, willing to travel to teacher place if is not too far. He started learning violin this year Jan and has music background. Currently doing ARSM piano. Interested please pm me.

jiamer
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by jiamer » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:40 am

Hi, I’m looking for a violin teacher who is willing to travel to my place (east) to teach my 6yr son (no background). pls pm me if any.

Chemt
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Chemt » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:42 pm

Hi does anyone have any experienced violin teacher to recommend in the west area? Able to travel to my place at Bukit Batok.
I’m an adult, keen to learn beginner violin. I’ve a grade 8 in piano.
Please PM, thanks in advance!