All About Piano Theory Examinations

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.
theradiantspectrum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Total Likes:1

Re: Piano Theory

Post by theradiantspectrum » Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:46 am

waiyean wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:57 am
Jen_11 wrote:Very true! Every year when it comes to theory exams I just send my kid for a 5 day crash course workshop, so much more cost and time efficient rather than sending them for a whole year of classes. And it's funny because they end up doing better since they don't start to hate it because of the drag and bore.
Didn't know such crash courses exists. It's amazing they can train a kid to ace the theory exam in just 5 days. I guess these workshops only works for older kids with higher level of self motivation.

My girl took the theory exam in October. Anyone has idea when the results will be out?
You can definitely send your kid for crash courses, I do believe it's more effective than regular weekly lessons. Not every teacher will do it because they rather earn 1-year's worth of lesson fees than 1-week at a higher intensity level. But I have to add that it is as much the teacher's ability to teach as well as the student's willingness to learn and absorb the knowledge at a fast pace.

I coached a primary 5 boy from Grade 0 to Grade 5 theory in 7 months. We didn't do an intense crash course week, rather, we did weekly 1-hour sessions and covered the content for 5 grades in 6 months. The last month was used for taking past-year papers. I was fortunate to have a very cooperative student who put in the effort weekly to do his homework, and graduated with a Merit :)

serene101
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by serene101 » Fri May 10, 2019 10:53 am

phankao wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:01 pm
Why even need to take theory exam EVERY year?! Every grade is it? Mine only took g5 & g8 theory abrsm.
hi, g5 theory was your kid's first theory exam? was it stressful since there isn't any earlier exam experience

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:8

Post by phankao » Fri May 10, 2019 10:55 am

serene101 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:53 am
phankao wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:01 pm
Why even need to take theory exam EVERY year?! Every grade is it? Mine only took g5 & g8 theory abrsm.
hi, g5 theory was your kid's first theory exam? was it stressful since there isn't any earlier exam experience
No. Not stressful was only 7? Don't think they know about stress

sweetlemonade
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Piano Theory Examinations

Post by sweetlemonade » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:57 am

Hi parents, could anyone advise which month are the exam usually held on? Is there a website that I can refer to?

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:30

Post by jedamum » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:32 pm

sweetlemonade wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:57 am
Hi parents, could anyone advise which month are the exam usually held on? Is there a website that I can refer to?
https://sg.abrsm.org/en/exam-booking/ex ... -and-fees/

Click on Music Theory tab

G Music School
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by G Music School » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:08 pm

We are G Music School, where students can learn music in a very comfortable, naturalistic environment at the venue of Bukit Timah Shopping Centre, B2-06.

Teachers are highly qualified to have studied in Germany or US to have degree in Violin/Piano/Flute/Pedagogy.
ABRSM/Trinity is our focus so students can get "Distinction" in a very efficient way.

Please feel free to ask thru whatsapp 8698-4574 for our quick reply~ :snuggles:
https://www.facebook.com/gmusicschool/
Kakao Talk : http://pf.kakao.com/_BlxnbT

bbcxd
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by bbcxd » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:30 pm

For those who took the ABRSM Theory Exam this year, may I ask if the results should be out on Monday 18-Nov? Thanks in advance.