All About Music For Beginners & Selecting Instruments

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.
omgozh98
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: All About Music For Beginners & Selecting Instruments

Post by omgozh98 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:41 am

Hello parents, for those wondering where would be a good place to start learning music, or how to pick instruments, I recently started a page www.readsheet.sg providing tabs for pianos (much like guitar tabs). This page was initially created for a school project, so it would be really nice if you guys checked it out! All the tabs are free! :lovesite:

We basically convert traditional notes that falls on the 5 black lines to numbers so that everyone can now pick up learning the piano super easily and efficiently!! You can give it a try with our free scores online and let us know your feedbacks heh. Oh and also if your interested, our instagram is @readsheet.sg

Theres also a video tutorial on how to utilise the service on the site itself (under the numbered notation page under "services"). Hope this piques some of your interest! Have a great day ahead! :imcool:

:thankyou:

Mama_Nana
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Mama_Nana » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:28 pm

I would like to learn music. It helps me release stress and make a good harmony that I can share with others. Maybe I should start with the basics and nurture it. I also want to try playing the violin. Of all the instruments, it is my favorite!

T.Yeoh
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by T.Yeoh » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:57 am

I'm not that good at singing but i have some knowledge of playing ukulele and guitar. I think i should also start to learn Kalimba and drums maybe..

DianeWong
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by DianeWong » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:37 pm

I think you must first learn how to play a bass guitar for it is very easy and you can then proceed to play an acoustic guitar or electric it is the same anyway.. Others told me that bass guitar is just for boys but I think it is cooler if a girl playing this kind of instrument. Rock!

YJessica
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by YJessica » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:00 pm

I would like to learn more about the ukulele, I love to play this instrument cause it's very easy and also relaxing. But I'm still struggling in strumming the strings of the ukulele..

CarenL
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by CarenL » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:40 pm

Guitar can be fun and easy to learn too. I read somewhere that playing the guitar has therapeutic effects..

DianeWong
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by DianeWong » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:18 pm

CarenL wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:40 pm
Guitar can be fun and easy to learn too. I read somewhere that playing the guitar has therapeutic effects..
I started learning guitar a year ago, it is now my stress reliever! It's fun to play the guitar while singing your favorite songs..

huiyan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by huiyan » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:03 am

Hi everyone!
I am launching Piano Circuit Breaker Online Holiday Programme for Beginners.

Commencement Date: 1st May - 31st May 2020
Promotion: $80 for 4 online lessons

One of the objective for this holiday programme is figure out if your child (or even you yourself) has interest in piano.
More details regarding the holiday programme can be found on my website:
www.thypiano.com

*Information on my qualifications and experience are all on my website as well (:

If interested to sign up, or any enquiries, you can contact me at:
WhatsApp: +65 9442 2555 (No calls, text only)
Email: enquiries@thypiano.com

ragtime.sg
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by ragtime.sg » Thu May 07, 2020 9:29 pm

Hi Mummies and Daddies, if you're interested in learning some music basics, whether to kickstart your childhood dream or to equip yourself with some music knowledge to help your kids who just started their music education journey, you can sign up for this 5-session live online programme on the basics of music.

Course Name: Music Basics for Teens and Adults
Timing: Every Saturday from 3.30pm to 4.30pm, first class starting on 16 May 2020
Course Fees: First lesson is completely free! No payment is required when you sign up.
Take the first lesson to decide if you like the course and would like to continue. If you'd like to continue with lessons, you just have to pay $15 per subsequent lessons (total $60 for the 4 subsequent lessons) before the second lesson.

PM me if you'd like to know more about the course. This course is conducted by a teacher who has a bachelor degree in music from Royal College of Music in London, BMus(Hons) RCM. There's only 15 slots available so if you're interested, do sign up at ragtime.sg/events. :rahrah: There's also more information in the link.

DChin_1983
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by DChin_1983 » Fri May 22, 2020 12:54 pm

ragtime.sg wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:29 pm
Hi Mummies and Daddies, if you're interested in learning some music basics, whether to kickstart your childhood dream or to equip yourself with some music knowledge to help your kids who just started their music education journey, you can sign up for this 5-session live online programme on the basics of music.

Course Name: Music Basics for Teens and Adults
Timing: Every Saturday from 3.30pm to 4.30pm, first class starting on 16 May 2020
Course Fees: First lesson is completely free! No payment is required when you sign up.
Take the first lesson to decide if you like the course and would like to continue. If you'd like to continue with lessons, you just have to pay $15 per subsequent lessons (total $60 for the 4 subsequent lessons) before the second lesson.

PM me if you'd like to know more about the course. This course is conducted by a teacher who has a bachelor degree in music from Royal College of Music in London, BMus(Hons) RCM. There's only 15 slots available so if you're interested, do sign up at ragtime.sg/events. :rahrah: There's also more information in the link.

Great thank you for sharing!