Learning musical instrument at a preschool

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Learning musical instrument at a preschool

Postby veryverykiasu » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:01 am

hi! is there a pre-school where i can send my 4-year-old kid to learn musical instrument? i have read the sites of many preschools that incorporate music into learning. but i want her to master an instrument from a young age and i find it a hassle to enrol her to a music school and sending her there once a week. don't you think so? which preschool offers such curriculum?

veryverykiasu
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Learning musical instrument at a preschool

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:40 am

veryverykiasu wrote:hi! is there a pre-school where i can send my 4-year-old kid to learn musical instrument? i have read the sites of many preschools that incorporate music into learning. but i want her to master an instrument from a young age and i find it a hassle to enrol her to a music school and sending her there once a week. don't you think so? which preschool offers such curriculum?

NAFA will have exactly what you want, but it is impossible to get in unless you have pre-registered years ahead of time. Kinderland, which is run by Crestar, also offers courses from Yamaha as part of its curriculum for kindy kids.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby veryverykiasu » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:16 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
veryverykiasu wrote:hi! is there a pre-school where i can send my 4-year-old kid to learn musical instrument? i have read the sites of many preschools that incorporate music into learning. but i want her to master an instrument from a young age and i find it a hassle to enrol her to a music school and sending her there once a week. don't you think so? which preschool offers such curriculum?

NAFA will have exactly what you want, but it is impossible to get in unless you have pre-registered years ahead of time. Kinderland, which is run by Crestar, also offers courses from Yamaha as part of its curriculum for kindy kids.

will my kid really learn instrument well in there?
how much does it cost in Kinderland?
what fraction of teacher's attention will my child get? what's the teacher student ratio?
and you talked about the Yamaha curriculum...i went to the website but didn't see it mention.
and generally, is it also good in education other than music?

thank you very much!!! i'm v anxious :S

veryverykiasu
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Luanee » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:36 am

My girl in Kinderland K2 now, they have a weekly session of music lessons including keyboard playing etc. But from the book it seems very simple stuff. And I dont think my girl picked up much. It be better if you send your kid to a music enrichment class if you really want him/her to pick up a musical instrument.

Luanee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby metz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:25 pm

If you are staying in the west, you might want to try Kinderland at Jurong East. The school does allow the students to take up private music lessons with the Crestar music teachers during school hours.
metz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:16 pm

Actually PCF now do provide piano lessons at selected centres. They have it after sch hours like 12-1 or 5-6 depending on the centres. Do pm me for their contacts if you need. It is a group lesson for 8 weeks per term.

The class size depends on the centres as well. So if the class size is small, the teacher's time per student is more. However, as it is a group lesson, progress is not as fast as 1-1. But if you practise with your child diligently, he/she might be able to progress faster.

Postby Comma » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:03 am

What instrument do you intend your child to take up and do you want the lesson to be in the east , west , south,north or central ?

Comma
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama