Music Wonderland or Yamaha Junior Course?

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Music Wonderland or Yamaha Junior Course?

Postby blueblue » Mon May 17, 2010 9:48 am

My son is going to finish his Little Notes soon. Any feedback on Music Wonderland? Not sure should I continue with Music Wonderland or go straight to Yamaha Junior Course. Can anyone give me advice?

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby radiantmum » Mon May 17, 2010 8:54 pm

Yamaha Junior Course will only accept child when he/she reaches 4 year old i.e. falls on/after month of birthday. I recalled for mine, they refused to let him start the course 1 month before his 4 yr old birthday.

radiantmum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby hquek » Tue May 18, 2010 7:42 pm

hi blueblue,

DS1 completed LN, MW and JMC. My personal take:

LN - sang a lot of songs, (i learnt a lot in the duration - but forgot most already). DS1 was able to overcome shyness and fairly willing to sing in public (but then, maybe becos he's younger and therefore more 'obedient'). :wink:

MW - honestly cannot remember what he got out of it. It's more of music appreciation. I heard comments from friends that it's very slow going - but then at that age, I think it's more appreciation and learning about high, low notes; singing and being confident in public.

In hindsight, I really don't know what he gained out of these - he's not very keen musically and he's not the talented sort. DS2 has not/will not be going for LN and MW. I'm intending to put him direct into JMC - read into it what you will.

:wink: :wink:

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby radiantmum » Tue May 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Just to add on to hquek's. Mine started straight away on JMC but no worries, will not "lugi" :D

radiantmum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby pinkapple » Tue May 18, 2010 8:23 pm

radiantmum wrote:Yamaha Junior Course will only accept child when he/she reaches 4 year old i.e. falls on/after month of birthday. I recalled for mine, they refused to let him start the course 1 month before his 4 yr old birthday.

yah loh. need to produce BC somemore...

pinkapple
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby radiantmum » Wed May 19, 2010 7:04 pm

Did they? I forgot ... :rotflmao:

radiantmum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby minnie2004 » Wed May 19, 2010 8:21 pm

I just registered my DS for the July intake of JMC. He's turning 4 on Jun 30. Yes they're very strict about the age and we had to show the birth cert when we registered.

I didn't send him to music wonderland as DD went thru it and I don't think it's very useful.

minnie2004
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby agentcodybank » Sat May 22, 2010 8:28 pm

JMC is a well established program. Even my sons attended it.

Some parents who wanted their very young kids to learn violin from my hubby, he will also direct them to Yamaha JMC first.

agentcodybank
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby blueblue » Wed May 26, 2010 3:51 pm

many thanks for yr valuable inputs, mummies! very much appreciated :)

am glad to know tat one does not 'lagi' if one does not attend the Music Wonderland.

I am aware that my son needs to be exactly 4 years old to register for JMC. I thought that half a yr of attending music appreciation should be quite enough. I am thinking of letting him attend other type of enrichment first b4 registering him for the JMC.

But my boy indicated that he wants to continue and go on to Music Wonderland. Sigh..dunno should I listen to him and let him continue..

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby hquek » Wed May 26, 2010 3:59 pm

blueblue wrote:I am aware that my son needs to be exactly 4 years old to register for JMC. I thought that half a yr of attending music appreciation should be quite enough. I am thinking of letting him attend other type of enrichment first b4 registering him for the JMC.

But my boy indicated that he wants to continue and go on to Music Wonderland. Sigh..dunno should I listen to him and let him continue..

well, if the teacher is good and the timing is good, just suffer for another 6 months. Cos the class progresses with same timing/teacher (unless there are too many dropouts). So staying on would give you some assurance - if a teacher/timing is popular, you may not be able to get in her jmc class.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama