Performance Platform for Pte Lesson Students

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Performance Platform for Pte Lesson Students

Postby mum05 » Thu May 27, 2010 9:38 am

Is there an organisation in this area? Creating/providing performing opportunities(to build public performance skills/confidence) for violin students taking pte lessons(1 to 1)? Or any pte teacher has such links?

mum05
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mum05 » Sat May 29, 2010 12:27 pm

dun have? oh dear...

mum05
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Devnahouse » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:07 pm

I think... I think only.... may be you can enroll the child to competitiion organised by the Singapore Music Association? Competition, if taken with good intention, is a chance to gauge the standard and motivation to do better.

Devnahouse
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mum05 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:57 pm

Hmmm, I guess I wldn't mind to give this a try but my child's only 5... :(

Btw, we only have the SMTA but not a SMA right? Correct me if I'm wrong. Thks.

mum05
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Devnahouse » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:41 pm

ya. SMTA only. However I found this http://www.nac.gov.sg/com/com02a.asp?id=36. Look for info under Rules &Regulations (pdf).

If your child is in the childcare, may be can ask other children doing violin gather together for a mini performance to entertain their school mates during tea break (Need to consult CC and their parents though). Again, just my thoughts. Easier to say than do. :lol:

Devnahouse
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mum05 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:16 am

no, she's attending a preschool not a childcare... if she is and has other friends playing the violin, then I guess to find a performing platform would be easier lolz(can arrange with the other kids' parents). Her school's music lessons are on keyboard! :stupid:

I've checked out these orgnanisations already but find them more formal and for the SMTA's, I believe the teachers need to register the kid for the competition or such rite? I'm actually looking for informal ones, like what they do at those music schools. I think it's super hard to do so.

Anyway, thanks so much for yr contribution though, :) It's nice to see someone responding, who knows, one of which might turn out to be really useful(which I'm still hoping :>).

mum05
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby phankao » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:08 am

mum05 wrote:no, she's attending a preschool not a childcare... if she is and has other friends playing the violin, then I guess to find a performing platform would be easier lolz(can arrange with the other kids' parents). Her school's music lessons are on keyboard! :stupid:

I've checked out these orgnanisations already but find them more formal and for the SMTA's, I believe the teachers need to register the kid for the competition or such rite? I'm actually looking for informal ones, like what they do at those music schools. I think it's super hard to do so.

Anyway, thanks so much for yr contribution though, :) It's nice to see someone responding, who knows, one of which might turn out to be really useful(which I'm still hoping :>).

My younger ds joined a CC orch and then performs off and on with them... very informal for charity groups and events like national day and chinese new year, etc.

If any of you parents are interested to organise, I guess we can do charity visits to old folks or children homes? Usually they would be happy for free entertainment. And would be happy to provide one of the violinists for your little "ensemble". ;-)

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mum05 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:05 pm

phankao, cc orch = community centre orchestra? is there such org here? Which one?

mum05
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby phankao » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:50 pm

mum05 wrote:phankao, cc orch = community centre orchestra? is there such org here? Which one?

Most community centres have chinese orchestras. But then, my ds is also in school orchestra (which is a little easy for him altho' most are his age).

No string orchestras or symphony orchestras in CC, sadly, except for bradell heights, i think?? And I think that one is abit too 'high standard', altho' I was not impressed when we watched them perform recently in a concert.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby airex » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:00 am

Hi,

I just organised a violin recital for my students 2 weeks ago. It was a joint organised violin & piano recital. I always organise annual students' recital in June for my students. Now I'm thinking of adding some other programs for my students at the end of the year.
Maybe for my next recital, I would post it here and all are welcomed to attend. It is always a delight to see the kids on stage performing.

airex
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama