All About Learning Public/Confident Speaking Skills

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.
Michy79
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: All About Learning Public/Confident Speaking Skills

Post by Michy79 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:01 am

I've heard good feedback from Singapore Media Academy.. they offer public speaking course for little ones from 4-8 years old. We have not tried them but might worth a try..

Jimmmy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Jimmmy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:08 pm

windows wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:47 pm
Anyone has recommendation for public speaking class in Mandarin?
Hi! Did you manage to find any? I am interested too!

Skidemarink
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Skidemarink » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:28 pm

:wink:
MyWorld wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:10 pm
Does anyone have any feedback to share about J Carter?

My child is with Speech Academy and I am not impressed. Much of the negative feedback shared earlier in this thread is true. With a student: teacher ratio of 12:1, the lesson is rather didactic. The third week of the month is a dry run where each student takes turns to rehearse their speech for Week 4. So you can imagine how much air time each child is given in the entire duration. There are trial students almost every week and they seem to be given priority attention to coax the parents to sign up.

The reason why I sent my child to the class is because she is extremely shy and lack the confidence to speak up, but whenever I get a chance to ask the teacher about how she is doing, her feedback was primarily limited to "She is very shy. I really hope she can speak up more". I expect the teacher and SPeech Academy to have professional tactics to draw her out and make a difference in her.
==============================

I agreed that Speech Academy Asia sucks! And I am so blind to sign up for a year! The frequent change of trainers is like every 2 mths, trainers were young and inexperience. The presentation was not impressive at all! It's a franchise and we are like paying them to trial/train their trainers!
Stay away from them if you can.

One of the staff open up another training centre name Speech Maker at 7th floor of Marine Parade Centre , he would likely be doing the same kind of style I don't know but what I heard is, he stole the student list and materials from SAA and do his own start up.

It just shows that SAA is such a screw up to allow their staff to steal their customers without knowing until their own training ctr close down! What a joke!

Jimmmy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

All About Learning Public/Confident Speaking Skills

Post by Jimmmy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:34 pm

Skidemarink wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:28 pm
MyWorld wrote:

My child is with Speech Academy and I am not impressed. Much of the negative feedback shared earlier in this thread is true. With a student: teacher ratio of 12:1, the lesson is rather didactic. The third week of the month is a dry run where each student takes turns to rehearse their speech for Week 4. So you can imagine how much air time each child is given in the entire duration. There are trial students almost every week and they seem to be given priority attention to coax the parents to sign up.

The reason why I sent my child to the class is because she is extremely shy and lack the confidence to speak up, but whenever I get a chance to ask the teacher about how she is doing, her feedback was primarily limited to "She is very shy. I really hope she can speak up more". I expect the teacher and SPeech Academy to have professional tactics to draw her out and make a difference in her.

I agreed that Speech Academy Asia sucks! And I am so blind to sign up for a year! The frequent change of trainers is like every 2 mths, trainers were young and inexperience. The presentation was not impressive at all! It's a franchise and we are like paying them to trial/train their trainers!

One of the staff open up another training centre name Speech Maker at 7th floor of Marine Parade Centre , he would likely be doing the same kind of style I don't know but what I heard is, he stole the student list and materials from SAA and do his own start up.

It just shows that SAA is such a screw up to allow their staff to steal their customers without knowing until their own training ctr close down! What a joke!
You mean SAA Marine Parade closed down? But my nephew is a student there and we went over last weekend to fetch him.. It was still Speech Academy Asia??

mummydeb
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by mummydeb » Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:53 pm

Does anyone has recommendations for public speaking classes for upper sec?

Jolly Parents
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Jolly Parents » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:02 pm

Any recommended public speaking school (UK or US native English speaking teachers) for 5 years old? Private and/ or group?

kimmy4
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by kimmy4 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:13 pm

I share the same question. hoping for some recommendation for Public Speaking schools..

Jimmmy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Jimmmy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:40 pm

Skidemarink wrote:
MyWorld wrote:

My nephew joined the Saturday class since July. They were pretty professional! We really like them leh..

Dahl
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Dahl » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:09 pm

Does speech and drama classes (e.g. Lorna Whiston) hone public speaking skills?

VS Confessions Admin
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by VS Confessions Admin » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:11 pm

Skidemarink wrote:
MyWorld wrote:

Thats strange... Maybe depends on which branch you go to? I cannot say for Marine Parade but one of my former student is at the Hougang/AMK branch for almost a year. I know he conducts Toastmaster sessions for adults and during his JC days was a national champion of public speaking. His feedback for my elder one was always very detailed

After sending my own boys there I would recommend too. Even though some of the trainers are young I think they QC their trainers quite strictly. My former student would complain they keep asking him to assess trainers on probation :lol: