Piano Lessons with Lowrey

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Piano Lessons with Lowrey

Postby Tazyspin » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:53 pm

Hi Hi,

My boy has juz started his piano lessons at the CC conducted by Lowrey Music School. It's a 1-1 concept.

Today is his 3rd time and yesterday he told me he doesn't want to learn anymore...becoz of the teacher :(

Alemak! I finally got him a place to try becoz it's always full. I am in a dilemma becoz I am afraid of killing his interest (if he has any) by letting him go on till the term finishes in Oct.

Can anyone give me some views?? :pray:

Tazyspin
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sleepy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:55 pm

Can request to change teacher?

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Piano Lessons with Lowrey

Postby sakura_2009 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:24 pm

Tazyspin wrote:Hi Hi,

My boy has juz started his piano lessons at the CC conducted by Lowrey Music School. It's a 1-1 concept.

Today is his 3rd time and yesterday he told me he doesn't want to learn anymore...becoz of the teacher :(

Alemak! I finally got him a place to try becoz it's always full. I am in a dilemma becoz I am afraid of killing his interest (if he has any) by letting him go on till the term finishes in Oct.

Can anyone give me some views?? :pray:

Just to share - DS was also with Lowrey when he first started to learn piano. He was initially very keen but his interests starts to wane off and I found out that it was partly due to the teacher. The teacher happened to be the very 'strict' type and will tick off DS at the slightest mistake. Well, I thought this sort of teacher will be good for DS as he was particularly playful and strict discipline will serve him well. I was also quite reluctant to change the teacher or another centre because the location and timing was ideal at that time.

Anyway, to cut the story short - I finally pull DS out and put him to learn somewhere else. To be honest, he is not progressing 'as fast' as compared to when he was learning at Lowrey, BUT he was enjoying himself a lot more now...So I guess it all depends on what you want for your child or what your child actually wants...

sakura_2009
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby yernying » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:15 pm

normally a child just start to learn piano,he or she will not so fast show no interesting.

all my beginner students just finished 1st lesson from me,i can c this scene.the parents sure ask the child,how you feel the lesson?then the child also feel shy and smile to say ok.

In the journey of learning,teacher is playing a very important role.I suggest you change another teacher,cos chemistry between teacher and children are important.

yernying
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama