Ballet @ Crestar school of dance

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Ballet @ Crestar school of dance

Postby Zoe » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:17 pm

I hope to enrol my bb in ballet class but she's only 4 years old this year. I am not too sure is it too young for her to learn dance? I saw in the forum that this school has experienced teachers. Not sure is it really good?
Do they have trial class? I worry she will lose interest after a while..

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?p=166199&sid=0b7ddf2f6fe1331dc133174a48aec9f4

Zoe
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Ballet @ Crestar school of dance

Postby SaSaMum » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:52 pm

Zoe wrote:I hope to enrol my bb in ballet class but she's only 4 years old this year. I am not too sure is it too young for her to learn dance? I saw in the forum that this school has experienced teachers. Not sure is it really good?
Do they have trial class? I worry she will lose interest after a while..

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?p=166199&sid=0b7ddf2f6fe1331dc133174a48aec9f4

My 3yrs old girl just started ballet recently. She's enjoying it very much. She's not from Crestar tho...

SaSaMum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby soursop » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:08 am

I enrolled my DD to Crestar Ballet at Woodlands Civic center at age 4. she absolutely loved it and she can follow very well! You should have no problem with your gal! :D

soursop
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby greenbean2011 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:54 pm

a) how about Crestar ballet at Marine parade ? is it good ?

b) besides ballet, any parent place their child to learn rhythmic gymnastics (RG) ? is RG taught at Crestar good ? any other place teach RG to young kids ?
greenbean2011
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby lil_jade » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:31 pm

soursop wrote:I enrolled my DD to Crestar Ballet at Woodlands Civic center at age 4. she absolutely loved it and she can follow very well! You should have no problem with your gal! :D

Hi!

May I know which is your DD's teacher? Thanks! :D

lil_jade
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Enroll in Ballet

Postby ferraribeng@yahoo.com » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:24 pm

Hi Zoe,

I think you should just enrol your daughter for 1 term (3 months) which cost $176. If she is enjoying it for the 3 months, continue. If not, just tell them you wish to stop. Nothing is lost. No me, trail lesson is not indicative. What's important is the friendship your child build with other kids and the bond she foster with her ballet teacher that decide if she enjoys it. As much as we like to think that it is the ballet that keeps them there, it is really the friendship. The learning is just happen to the outcome. My daughter has been learning at the woodland branch for more than 2 years and she is sitting for the primary level exam next week.

Recently, I am very displease with the school. My daughter had an accident during the class. We didn't know the severity at first. After the class, my daughter told me she was bleeding when she goes to the toilet. She was subsequently hosiptalised.

I wrote to inform the school about the accident and pointed out the safety issue in the dance studio and recommended they take action to remove the danger. After 3 weeks, the thing is still there. No action taken. I'm very upset over it, not just because of my daughter's injury, but they are not taking the danger out. It is riskying other children.

ferraribeng@yahoo.com
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Enroll in Ballet

Postby MummyKnowsBest » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:16 am

ferraribeng@yahoo.com wrote:Hi Zoe,

I think you should just enrol your daughter for 1 term (3 months) which cost $176. If she is enjoying it for the 3 months, continue. If not, just tell them you wish to stop. Nothing is lost. No me, trail lesson is not indicative. What's important is the friendship your child build with other kids and the bond she foster with her ballet teacher that decide if she enjoys it. As much as we like to think that it is the ballet that keeps them there, it is really the friendship. The learning is just happen to the outcome. My daughter has been learning at the woodland branch for more than 2 years and she is sitting for the primary level exam next week.

Recently, I am very displease with the school. My daughter had an accident during the class. We didn't know the severity at first. After the class, my daughter told me she was bleeding when she goes to the toilet. She was subsequently hosiptalised.

I wrote to inform the school about the accident and pointed out the safety issue in the dance studio and recommended they take action to remove the danger. After 3 weeks, the thing is still there. No action taken. I'm very upset over it, not just because of my daughter's injury, but they are not taking the danger out. It is riskying other children.

Hi Ferrari Beng,

I am also looking out for a ballet school for my girl! After some research online, I thought Crestar is one of the better schools since there are so many branches all over Spore! Could you please share what thing caused the unfortunate incident to ur daughter so that I can look out for such things when I go survey the dance studio eventually! Thx!

MummyKnowsBest
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby carmen21 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi! My DD is currently a ballet student at Crestar Jurong East. She had been there since she's K2. She really enjoy the lesson and she love ballet. My comment about the school is that there are not much exposure or performance for the kids to show what they have learn except taking the grading exam yearly. We have to pay extra couching class for 6 months before the exam which cost about $600+ and not including the normal lesson fees and exam fees. There will be open house about twice a year for parents to sit in during lesson to see how our kids are progressing Compare to other dance school, Crestar will look older and a bit run down. If not because of the friends and teacher, my DD would have quit and learn from another dance school.

carmen21
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby soursop » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:38 pm

soursop wrote:
I enrolled my DD to Crestar Ballet at Woodlands Civic center at age 4. she absolutely loved it and she can follow very well! You should have no problem with your gal!

Hi!

May I know which is your DD's teacher? Thanks!
soursop wrote:I enrolled my DD to Crestar Ballet at Woodlands Civic center at age 4. she absolutely loved it and she can follow very well! You should have no problem with your gal! :D

Hi!

May I know which is your DD's teacher? Thanks! :D

Ms Veronica if I'm not wrong... :scratchhead:

soursop
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Ribbon4 » Sun May 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Very late but I just stumbled on this thread and thought i'll give some opinions :)

I was in Crestar ballet from 3yo-8yo started with bebe ballet ended with grade 3 then my branch closed down so i transferred to another school...now I'm doing grade 8 :)

but anyway, i just think that if you're just looking for your dd to have fun, crestar is a gd choice since its more for young kids to have fun etc :) but if u want your dd to go far in ballet and really do well in it, i would suggest you let her try another school, because Crestar doesn't really produce gd students accept the Marine Parade branch I found out only after i transferred school that all my teachers were never registered certified teachers of RAD!!!! :yikes:
and some centers also only do CSTD so well, for CSTD, its really for pleasure so yeah ><

In crestar, I had fun but didn't do so well always low merit...then after i transferred school it was more strenuous training but i did better too distinctions...^^
just my opinions :)

Ribbon4
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama