5yo & 7yo to start music lesson

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

5yo & 7yo to start music lesson

Postby Ah Soh » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi pianojazzy,
Thanks a lot for your sharing!!
I am comtemplating to start my sons (5yo and 7yo) with music lessons, may be piano, as learning piano is most transferable skill to other instruments, am I right?
My boys have not attended any piano lessons before, I wish to expose them to this structure learning of music as I heard it can help developing attention span, discipline and be more gentle, true?
Should I start them with the music school (1 term) then get a pte tutor?
Any good school to recomend? Any good tutor to recommend? I am staying in Bt Batok.

Ah Soh
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sylviawee » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:58 am

hi, Ah soh..

Good to hear that u going to start piano lesson for ur kid..
U can try go to Ossia Music school.. http://www.ossia.edu.sg/
they charge $70 per month, half an hour every lesson.

Or if you want to get a pte tutor, I can recommend one good and experienced teacher for you who stay nearby your place.

sylviawee
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby peanut_butter » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Ah Soh wrote:learning piano is most transferable skill to other instruments, am I right?

Pianists read a whole lot of notes simultaneous in 2 clefs early. That gives them some advantages in learning other instruments.

Ah Soh wrote: structure learning of music as I heard it can help developing attention span, discipline and be more gentle, true?

It works both ways. Children who do not have enough attention span and discipline to learn will give up eventually because of lack of progress. So children must have a bit of those attributes first.

peanut_butter
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby i3mum » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi sylviawee,

Any feedback about Ossia Music school? Is it good? I m looking for Pte piano teacher for my DD. We are staying at Central.
sylviawee wrote:hi, Ah soh..

Good to hear that u going to start piano lesson for ur kid..
U can try go to Ossia Music school.. http://www.ossia.edu.sg/
they charge $70 per month, half an hour every lesson.

Or if you want to get a pte tutor, I can recommend one good and experienced teacher for you who stay nearby your place.

i3mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama