Musical Instruments Rental

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Musical Instruments Rental

Postby Faun » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:16 pm

Anyone has contact for woodwind instrument rental. I checked out the price for one that ds wants to learn and almost fainted. It cost as much as a piano. :!:

I'm looking for rental only and not the 'rent to own' scheme.

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Musical Instruments Rental

Postby dasalo » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:37 pm

Faun wrote:Anyone has contact for woodwind instrument rental. I checked out the price for one that ds wants to learn and almost fainted. It cost as much as a piano. :!:

Which instrument in particular in the woodwind family? So many...eg.flute, basoon, clarinet, picolo etc...

I can help ask around.

dasalo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Faun » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:19 pm

dasalo wrote:
Faun wrote:Anyone has contact for woodwind instrument rental. I checked out the price for one that ds wants to learn and almost fainted. It cost as much as a piano. :!:

Which instrument in particular in the woodwind family? So many...eg.flute, basoon, clarinet, picolo etc...

I can help ask around.

Thanks dasalo, it's the oboe.

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby dasalo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:50 am

Faun wrote:
dasalo wrote:

I can help ask around.

Thanks dasalo, it's the oboe.

Just starting to learn? Oboe is not a popular instrument amongst the woodwind IMO and very few heard learning this instrument in my circle of friends. And yes, I think it costs 8K (I heard some yrs back) to buy one and if your DS has flute or any woodwind back ground and has interest in pursuing another instrument skills, the next place I know of is to enrol into the Singapore National Youth Orchestra (SNYO) or the younger version, Singapore Youth Symphonia (SYS) and they'll give you a loan of that instrument.

Meanwhile, I will still ask around. How old is your DS? I don't know if they go according to size and build like the violin?

dasalo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby phankao » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:52 am

dasalo wrote:
Faun wrote:Anyone has contact for woodwind instrument rental. I checked out the price for one that ds wants to learn and almost fainted. It cost as much as a piano. .

Just starting to learn? Oboe is not a popular instrument amongst the woodwind IMO and very few heard learning this instrument in my circle of friends. And yes, I think it costs 8K (I heard some yrs back) to buy one and if your DS has flute or any woodwind back ground and has interest in pursuing another instrument skills, the next place I know of is to enrol into the Singapore National Youth Orchestra (SNYO) or the younger version, Singapore Youth Symphonia (SYS) and they'll give you a loan of that instrument.

Meanwhile, I will still ask around. How old is your DS? I don't know if they go according to size and build like the violin?

Doubt there are fractional sizes for Oboe, Dasalo.

Faun, is your ds looking to join the school band? If so, just join and they can borrow from the school. Why buy or even rent?

My eldest son was in the school band and borrowed his cornet for the 3 years he was there. He did eventually buy a mouthpiece of his own, that was about it. I passed it on to a friend - his junior after he left. The only instrument my son bought was his violin, bc it's just easier to have your own violin - for private lessons. He was also with the school orchestra, apart from band.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dasalo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:56 pm

Sorry Faun, no luck. :oops:

dasalo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Faun » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:20 am

dasalo wrote:Sorry Faun, no luck. :oops:

It's okay. Thanks for trying, really appreciate it. BTW, typo error, it's my dd that wants to learn, not ds.
Her piano teacher's friend has kindly offered her old oboe for ds to tryout. Will start lesson soon. Not sure how it'll work out but since she's so keen, let her try as long as she likes the instrument.

Faun
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby tmxplay » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:27 pm

I know Play Gallery at United Square level 3 provides instrument rental for string instruments.

tmxplay
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Sarahtan » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:44 pm

This is an old thread...... But anyway curious Faun, what happened to your daughter eventually. Did she manage to rent it from somewhere? It is also kind of your piano teachers friend if that really happened. Wind instruments few people like to rent or lend because of hygiene and stuff

Sarahtan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama