All About Chinese Speech & Drama

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

All About Chinese Speech & Drama

Postby triplejoy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:35 am

Hi

Is there any good Chinese speech and drama programme for 3-4 yrs olds? Has anyone sent their kids to Julia Gabriel or Crestar for such a programme? Any feedback or recommendations? Thanks.

Triplejoy

triplejoy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby hquek » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:14 pm

You may like to try the arts and cultural arm of Hokkien Huay Kuan.

The website is www.shhkact.com.sg

Not sure what exactly they do there (door's locked) but I think the kids get to play act (as animals and what nots), repeat rhymes and there is a takeaway piece of paper each week.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Julia Gabriel - Playclub (Bilingual english/mandarin)

Postby sallie » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:05 pm

Has anyone sent thier kids there? Is it good? Appreciate your advice before i sent my kid there.

sallie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Mandie » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:37 pm

I am looking for one too, just signed my daughter(4 yrs) with CC speech and drama camp, starting this 17th for 3 full days. Will see how it goes, if it is good, then i will continue her with the weekly class in CC.

You may check it out with your CC nearby, the fees are reasonable...

Mandie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Chinese Speech and Drama

Postby triplejoy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Thanks for the info. I am surprised that Hokkien Huay Kuan offers courses like this. Will check it out and that of CC's.

triplejoy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby meredith84 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:52 am

Hi,

Got information from Montessori Pre-School. They have programmes for speech and drama classes. I'll PM you for the information, maybe you want to know more.

meredith84
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby angeline123 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:32 pm

I am also looking at such classes for my children.

Does anyone have any experience with the chinese school at the basement of Kembangan Plaza? dont know the name of it....

angeline123
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby MMM » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:46 pm

It's call children art's theatre. It really emphasize on tbe building up interest in the language and speaking proper chinese. Though they do introduce chinese characters but find the prog not so academic.

If you are trying to expose the child to the language, it's a rather good consideration.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby angeline123 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:35 pm

I am trying to expose my children to good chinese, be more fluent in Chinese, speak good chinese.

I wonder if anyone can compare this school with other schools such as Hokkien Huay Kuan? Or any others...

angeline123
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Chinese Speach & Drama

Postby Leoleo18 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi

I did send my 5yrs old boy to Hokkien association for 2 months. Is not bad. I withdrew becos of the distance since I am staying in the west.
But my boy seem to like it there.
The teachers there speaks accurate chinese (not those china type of chinese). The not so good part is that some of the teachers there are younger. During the 1.5hrs class, the teachers switch classes. Maybe is due to different nature of the subject. I did sit in during the 1st day, the class consist of 2 difference area, one is the listening portion whereby they get them to sing songs and other portion is listening to stories. My mil did talk to them before, the initially classes is to capture their interest in chinese first. I would say the class is pretty fun, not those sit down kinda of classes.

Leoleo18
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama