Full Time Piano Teacher for Classical, Pop and Jazz

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Full Time Piano Teacher for Classical, Pop and Jazz

Postby kier_w2002 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:42 pm

I'm a full time piano teacher, seeking to impart musical knowledge and piano playing know-how to students with zero knowledge of piano or music, as well as improving those who are able to play. Able to teach students seeking to pass classical or jazz exams, seeking improvement in all aspects of performing, or learning for leisure.

Regarding fees, please contact me via email or handphone.

Information about myself:
Birth Year: 1983
Address: Commonwealth/Buona Vista region
Email Address: kier_w2002@msn.com
HP No.: 97564032

Music Related Qualifications
• DipABRSM (Performance), achieved under tutelage of Josephine Koh
• Student Music Director in NUS Piano Ensemble (2003-2004)
• Currently ongoing education in Jazz Piano

Teaching Methodology
Evolved from the traditional classical teaching used in Singapore since the early 60s, my teaching method is a hybrid method of both classical style and contemporary style, drawing their strengths and diminishing their weaknesses.

Classical focuses on intensive score reading and technique, while contemporary involves improvisatory skills and aural discernment. This holistically builds a modern musician's growth in all aspects of music.

Besides just teaching, I also look out for good classical and jazz concerts to recommend, as exposure is very important to a musician's growth as well.

Teaching Experience
- Taught in Le Classique Music School (2006-2009)
- Provided guidance for performers in NUS concerts as Student Music Director

Performance Experience
2003: Melange
2004: Touch 2004
2005: Touch 2005
2006: Gig @ Earshot Café
2010: Yamaha Student Concert (Jazz)[/u]

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama