CHINESE DANCE FOR SECONDARY OUTSIDE SCHOOL CURRICULUM

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

CHINESE DANCE FOR SECONDARY OUTSIDE SCHOOL CURRICULUM

Postby cheese » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:20 pm

My girl has interest in chinese dance. We would like to find out where can we enrol her in a reputable school?

cheese
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby twilight » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:26 pm

I know my friend does chinese dance at kolam ayer cc.

twilight
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cheese » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:35 pm

twilight wrote:I know my friend does chinese dance at kolam ayer cc.

Thanks,twilight.

cheese
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: CHINESE DANCE FOR SECONDARY OUTSIDE SCHOOL CURRICULUM

Postby ctct61t » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:39 pm

cheese wrote:My girl has interest in chinese dance. We would like to find out where can we enrol her in a reputable school?

Introduce you a very good dancing school, The Dance Ensemble Singapore (DES). All teachers there are professional dancer.The most important, the course there is well scheduled, everytime 2.5 hours, contain basic trainning, ballet trainning and chinese performance dance...The school combind both chinese dance and ballet together, mainly focus on chinese dance.

My DD studied there for about half an year. She likes it very much. My DD is much slim and flexible after half year's training.

http://www.des.org.sg/des-school.php

ctct61t
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby cheese » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:02 pm

[thks

quote="ctct61t"]
cheese wrote:My girl has interest in chinese dance. We would like to find out where can we enrol her in a reputable school?

Introduce you a very good dancing school, The Dance Ensemble Singapore (DES). All teachers there are professional dancer.The most important, the course there is well scheduled, everytime 2.5 hours, contain basic trainning, ballet trainning and chinese performance dance...The school combind both chinese dance and ballet together, mainly focus on chinese dance.

My DD studied there for about half an year. She likes it very much. My DD is much slim and flexible after half year's training.

http://www.des.org.sg/des-school.php[/quote]

cheese
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ctct61t » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:20 pm

cheese wrote:[thks

quote="ctct61t"]

http://www.des.org.sg/des-school.php
[/quote]

You can watch their performance on Mediacorp's Chinese new year ( 10:30 ~12:00 02 Feb. 2011) celebration program...hehe... my DD is expecting the day coming.

ctct61t
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

DES

Postby Serendipity » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Hi all! :D

Besides Chinese dance and ballet, I heard that DES also teaches other performing skills? Can anyone share more about these other performing skills?

Sounds like a good place to kill two birds with one stone (both Chinese enrichment and dance lessons)... :wink:

Serendipity
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: DES

Postby ctct61t » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:12 pm

Serendipity wrote:Hi all! :D

Besides Chinese dance and ballet, I heard that DES also teaches other performing skills? Can anyone share more about these other performing skills?

Sounds like a good place to kill two birds with one stone (both Chinese enrichment and dance lessons)... :wink:

For boys, they offer WUSHU, the coach of WUSHU is very famous who is from China.

They also offer Chinese Ochestra teaching, I did not try.

For their dance class, the first half an hour is basic skill trainning, and follow by 1 hour ballet trainning and another 1 hours' chinese performance dance, together with chinese song singing, and di zi gui...

My DD really enjoy this class and benefit a lot...

ctct61t
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Serendipity » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:06 pm

ctct61t wrote:
Serendipity wrote:Hi all! :D

For boys, they offer WUSHU, the coach of WUSHU is very famous who is from China.

They also offer Chinese Ochestra teaching, I did not try.

For their dance class, the first half an hour is basic skill trainning, and follow by 1 hour ballet trainning and another 1 hours' chinese performance dance, together with chinese song singing, and di zi gui...

My DD really enjoy this class and benefit a lot...

Thanks for your info, ctct61t! :D

Mind sharing the fees for DES? It says $270 / 3 months on the website. Not sure if it's updated. Is that for twelve 2.5h lessons? Do you have to pay extra for the Chinese Orchestra btw?

Hmm... the more i learn abt this, the more tempted I am to let my DD try it out!

Serendipity
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ctct61t » Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:59 am

Serendipity wrote:Mind sharing the fees for DES? It says $270 / 3 months on the website. Not sure if it's updated. Is that for twelve 2.5h lessons? Do you have to pay extra for the Chinese Orchestra btw?

Hmm... the more i learn abt this, the more tempted I am to let my DD try it out!

$270 is for 3 months dance class fee, it does not include Chinese Orchestra. My DD not go for Chinese Orchestra course in DES. 2.5 h is just for dancing (basic skill trainning, ballet dance, and chinese dance...sone singing included). You can let your DD try the first lesson with only $10 fee. I did this, and after that, I enroll my girl immediately, hehe...

In fact, dancing class last over 2.5h almost every time, and during Dec holiday, they make up a lot of lessons without paying extra fee.

Every year end, they organize a year end performance in NUS Raffles hall, this year-end performance just finished on 12 Dec. 2010. My DD just joint DES in July this year, thus this was the first time I went for this event. It's really fantasitc...over 20 groups of Kids aged from K2 to Secondary school present their dance during this 2 hours events, I really enjoy it. No wander there are many parents send their kids to DES over 6,7 years.

some of their programs was selected by Mediacorp Chinese new year's celebration...You can know more about their dance by watching this program at the night of 大年三十...

Hehe, I wrote so much, like I'm the staff of DES...In fact, I'm just a mother, Not any relation with DES except send my DD dance there.

BTW, their new semester will start from 7 Jan. 2011.
Last edited by ctct61t on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ctct61t
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Next

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama