Verve Music School at Ang MO KIO

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Verve Music School at Ang MO KIO

Postby blur_green » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi

Can any one feedback on the program at verve music school be it positive or negative.

My boy is 5+ years attend simepi for 2 years already.

blur_green
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Verve Music School at Ang MO KIO

Postby blingbling » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:03 pm

Very unprofessional and the teachers they provide can range from students to part-time teachers. Last minute notices when teachers cancel the lessons. Teachers for the young music classes are very dis-organised and the tiny room is not child proof filled with big bulky sofa.

blingbling
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby rockpepper12 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:31 pm

Just happened to see this old post while looking for Verve's website.

I think Verve is pretty good. Although its sited in a one of the HDB blocks in AMK Central unlike some atas school in the mall, it has decent facilities and good teachers. It may look a bit run down but I guess its because its been around for some time now.

My kid is 12 this year and has been going there since he was 6 for piano. Very nice people there leh. And the teachers are all very qualified. They can even list the qualifications on the net means nothing to hide what. http://www.vervemusic.com.sg/about.html

rockpepper12
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby honjuan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:37 pm

hi

what is the charges like ? my friend's daughter went for a music class in this school , seems like grade 1 is like S$XX , then suddenly for grade 2 , they increase the price to about S$150 more per term , is that normal ??

honjuan
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby rockpepper12 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:15 am

honjuan wrote:hi

what is the charges like ? my friend's daughter went for a music class in this school , seems like grade 1 is like S$XX , then suddenly for grade 2 , they increase the price to about S$150 more per term , is that normal ??

wah! So much meh? is it cos the lesson time increase?
Cos usually the beginners start with like 30mins or 45mins then later increase to 1 hour. If that is the case then its normal.

from what i heard from my friends, usually there is a 25-35% increment per grade! But that one is private teacher.

rockpepper12
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ParkRamey101 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:52 pm

My daughter attends piano lessons at Verve Music School and i am very satisfied overall. The teacher engages well with my 5 yo daughter and she likes the teacher too! :smile:
The place is also very spacious and i will always sit at the sofa while waiting for my child. Can consider sending your child there too. :)

ParkRamey101
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama