Dancepointe - Discussion

Looking to grow that little Mozart or Chloe to their full potential? Find out how others are doing it here.

Dancepointe - Discussion

Postby micollh » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:33 pm

Hi,

Anyone has comments or experience with dancepointe @ SengKang? i intend to send my girl who is currently 41months old to ballet class. But seems like their classes are quite limited to few days.. till now im still on waiting list for my prefered time slot.

Cheers,
mico

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Ballet for 4yo @ Dancepointe

Postby constancet » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:49 pm

micollh wrote:Hi,

Anyone has comments or experience with dancepointe @ SengKang? i intend to send my girl who is currently 41months old to ballet class. But seems like their classes are quite limited to few days.. till now im still on waiting list for my prefered time slot.

Cheers,
mico

Hi
My Ger is in dancepointe taking pri-primary ballet lessons. She started in Jan 2010, when she was 3.5 yrs old. I find the sch quite ok for her.
She looks forward to her lesson every wk.
:P

constancet
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby micollh » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 am

constancet wrote:

Cheers,
mico

Hi
My Ger is in dancepointe taking pri-primary ballet lessons. She started in Jan 2010, when she was 3.5 yrs old. I find the sch quite ok for her.

Hi Constancet, thanks for sharing, im trying to enrol too but they do not have the class with my preferred timing. so got to wait. i wonder is it that few students that they don't have more classes to choose from.

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby constancet » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:55 pm

micollh wrote:
constancet wrote:

Cheers,
mico

Hi

Hi Constancet, thanks for sharing, im trying to enrol too but they do not have the class with my preferred timing. so got to wait. i wonder is it that few students that they don't have more classes to choose from.

U may wanna try SKCC dance class for young children.
They are conducted by Dancepointe teachers as well. You can take their creative dance at the CC and proceed to Dancepointe directly from there.
My ger took a term at the CC before joining Dancepointe.

constancet
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby micollh » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:32 am

Hi constancet,

i called SKCC before checking dancepointe, they don't offer class as youngas 4 yo, their classes are for older kids. It's SKCC who recommended me to go to dancepointe lor :?

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Rockdiva » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:07 am

just wondering if parents are ok with ballet teacher speaking bad english in class? I almost wanted to switch my dd to the cstd syllabus because of this but stayed put due to the fact that rad is more recognized..

Rockdiva
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby micollh » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:16 am

Rockdiva wrote:just wondering if parents are ok with ballet teacher speaking bad english in class? I almost wanted to switch my dd to the cstd syllabus because of this but stayed put due to the fact that rad is more recognized..

hi, are u talking abt teacher in dancepointe speaking poor english? can i know which teacher? i just enrol my girl for sunday class, starting this weekend, will be RAD too, usually theys aid if female teacher will be RAD, if male teacher will be CSTD, but now, the new ballet classes all will be RAD

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MummyKnowsBest » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:10 am

Rockdiva wrote:just wondering if parents are ok with ballet teacher speaking bad english in class? I almost wanted to switch my dd to the cstd syllabus because of this but stayed put due to the fact that rad is more recognized..

Hi All, am contemplating sending my daughter for ballet classes since she has expressed interest before and I am also quite captivated by the movie Black Swan, haha!

So I did some research, and my qns is, in general, which syllabus is better, RAD or CSTD? Could any kind souls pls enlighten me?

Also, as I stay in the Hougang area, Dancepointe at Sengkang CC is a good option for me! But the teachers speak bad english? Could you pls share the teacher identity and elaborate further? Thx a million!

MummyKnowsBest
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby twilight » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:21 pm

I don't think there's a better or not in terms of syllabus for CSTD and RAD. However, generally RAD is more popular in Singapore, and I think it is more established too. One difference between the two syllabi that I know of is that RAD has compulsory character portion but CSTD doesn't or is optional, I can't remember which.

twilight
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby micollh » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:28 am

Jst to share, my girl started her pre-school ballter yesterday, it's RAD ballet. but for her age group, there is no ballet discipline to enforce, more on posture, coordination, and movement.

I feel starting ballet at this age is good, as they can do most of the posture effortlessly, except the tiptoing part, teacher said will need time and practise for tiptoing.

But, it was so fun to see the little girls enjoying themselves in class. I have since bought the whole set of ballet costume for her, which i feel is quite x, $99.50 one set.

micollh
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Music, Singing, Dancing, Speech & Drama